Anyone want a Bear?

This is a forum where you can discuss Bear Problems, Habitat, Potential open hunting season opinions and so on.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

sam03
Ordeal

Anyone want a Bear?

Post by sam03 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

This is the second feeder it has trashed...Guess i need to put the camera back out and see if i can get it to smile. Between the bear and the coyote's that have moved in next season is going to suck...........

I like animals, they are tasty!

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Re: Anyone want a Bear?

Post by FLQuacker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Yea..Gave up on feeders this past season for the same reason. We had a few they couldn't tear up...but they camp out and the deer get scarce.

Even destroyed a couple small micro plot ryegrass patches.

The State has to start controlled hunts...even then they won't allow for us to put a dent in the population.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Gonna be a loonng time before we have bear hunts, if ever. I heard there was a bear task force type meeting tonight in Deland. 1 hunter showed up and about 60 tree huggers
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:07 pm

I would find it a challenge to build a feeder that they couldn't get into.

:saluting
Bossman

ario
scout

Post by ario » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:44 am

Rig the feeder between two trees. One side have a cable attached to the tree and the other use a pulley system so that the feeder can be lowered to fill. Make sure the cable side is wrapped around the tree twice so it won't slip. The pulley side I use a bike cable lock to attach it to the tree. I had to bring this one up a bit. Only thing that can bring it down is Big Foot.

[imgImage[/img]

sam03
Ordeal

Post by sam03 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 am

I tried that couple months back hanging between two pines abt 25' up dam bear climb up and used it as a rope swing and pulled it all out of the trees.
I like animals, they are tasty!

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:44 am

Iluv2hunt wrote:Gonna be a loonng time before we have bear hunts, if ever. I heard there was a bear task force type meeting tonight in Deland. 1 hunter showed up and about 60 tree huggers
Well they said the same thing about gator hunting. If they and when they do open a bear season at least it'll be something you can eat unlike the python round up that was a total flop.

:saluting
Bossman

Return to “FLORIDA BEAR FORUM”