Agrivating Bear

This is a forum where you can discuss Bear Problems, Habitat, Potential open hunting season opinions and so on.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

senderoman
scout

Agrivating Bear

Post by senderoman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:11 pm

My wife and her family hunt the Gulf Hammock Hunt club. I lease 15 acres about five miles away. I don't know if it's the same bear but a bear has totally destroyed 4 ground blinds in their club and one in mine, there was no food stuff in any of the blinds. Last year my wife took pictures with her phone of a bear lying facing her blind at 25 yards. After about 2 hours the bear left only when it saw her son approaching after she had called him. We are now hesitant to let our 16 year son hunt out of the blind alone.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Re: Agrivating Bear

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:41 am

Is that bear in the still hunt or dog hunt area? I hunt GHHC too, but luckily I haven't had any sign of bear in the dog hunt area yet. I have a friend who had a feeder tore up in the still hunt area last year. Some of the other members who have been in longer tell me that the bears are showing up more often these days.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:00 am

We had an old bear on our Fargo, GA lease that would stop by our pole barn every so often and scratch the telephone poles that were used for supporting the roof. He would never get in the trash or mess with anything at camp. That bear would also pull all the trail cameras off the trees every time it found one.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

senderoman
scout

Post by senderoman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:22 pm

JBUG308, The bear problem is the northwest portion of the club near Rosewood.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Any type of fabric or plastic, they will decimate it. They tore everything up at my old lease. We had one local guy in that lease that liked to take his wife out there during the week and "get jiggy" in his ground blind. He went back the next morning and it looked like Edward scissorhands got ahold of his blind. That was a pretty good running joke the rest of the season
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:36 am

Lol....I had them knock mine down this pass year but only damage was a broke fiberglass roof support. I couldn't believe they didn't shred it! The must have knocked it down at least 6 times. Got to where I wouldn't hunt in it. Not as much afraid of the bear but afraid of how bad I'd hurt myself trying to get out if they snuck up on me :)

Return to “FLORIDA BEAR FORUM”