ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite.

This is a forum for SPORTSMAN with SPECIAL NEEDS. Its always good to have an extra hand or shoulder to lean on.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Str8shooter
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite.

Post by Str8shooter » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:30 pm

I have tried this here before; thought it was worth one final stab.

Hey Folks,

My name is Rob. I am a transplant from upstate New York where I arranged outdoor recreational activities for disabled sportsmen. My not-for-profit organization was Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America, Inc. I relocated to the Ocala FL area over two years ago and have looked around for a cause in which to get involved much like that I left behind. There isn’t much out there. I have made contact with a few organizations that may sponsor fishing and hunting events for us if organized. If you are content just staying at home, playing on your computer, and watching TV then stop reading and move on.

It’s the rest of you that I want to address. You’ve hunted and fished all your life and now because you’re old or have suffered a disability due to illness or accident, your loved ones or friends have told you that you can’t do that anymore. They are wrong. I don’t give a flying youknowwhat what level of limitation you have. You can still get out there. I’d like to establish a community of people with some of the difficulties we share in the North central Florida area. It would be a chance for me to matter again about something I feel strongly about. I don’t need to do this for me. I have the means of entertaining myself. I feel the desire to contribute; but hear me. I’m not going it alone. You can decide to wait around and get involved after everything is well established; and if enough people share that attitude nothing will happen. Get in on the ground floor. I’d like to start this with a dozen of truly motivated people who chose to make a difference. Who’s with me?
BE WELL OR AS WELL AS YOU CAN BE

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Re: ATTENTION: Florida Gimps, let’s unite.

Post by pandaxmx » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Sounds Good too bad i am around clearwater , I can't keep up with some of the younger folks , i can't walk very far but love to hunt ...Good Luck
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

Return to “SPECIAL NEEDS SPORTSMANS”