Welcome Sportsmen with needs.

This is a forum for SPORTSMAN with SPECIAL NEEDS. Its always good to have an extra hand or shoulder to lean on.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

davedirt
Ordeal
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Welcome Sportsmen with needs.

Post by davedirt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 pm

If I can Help I will.

:chain
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

Str8shooter
scout

Re: Welcome Sportsmen with needs.

Post by Str8shooter » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:36 am

Hey, thanks really for putting in this Special Needs forum.

Too many sportsmen listen to well meaning family members and friends who tell them that they shouldn't be out there anymore. A little part of them die when they hang up their rods and guns. Here is the means to learn how others are coping, continuing with their outdoor hobbies, regardless of a limitation whether it is from age, a disability, or service mishap.

Anyone reading this...let us show the administrator here that there is a real need for this forum. Here is how. If you are aged, have a physical limitation from a condition, or have a service related dsability add a reply. Right now!! If only to say THANK YOU. Maybe we can develop a community of fellow sportsmen who suffer yet still want to play. If there is enough of us, we can generate interest from outdoor organizations like NWTF and BADF to host recreational opportunities. Should anyone else feel as I do that the outdoors should be accessible for all and is willing to spend a little time each month to make that dream more of a reality then email (str8shooter_usa@yahoo.com) me. I want to work with the disability coordinator at FWC to promote more Mobility Impaired hunts and other outdoor activities. I have history making this happen up north and I can do it here too. I will not go it alone though. If you are thinking that there is nothing you can do to contribute, let me say with stress "YOU ARE WRONG."

Thanks for at least listening. Now, you have the ball. Will you shoot or pass?

Rob
BE WELL OR AS WELL AS YOU CAN BE

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:21 am

I have a retired Army friend who lost a leg in the service who has gone on one of these:

http://woundedwarrioroutdoors.com/index.html

He had a great time. His particular hunt was up in Ohio. Basically the guys/gals get sponsored so there is very little if any $$ out of pocket for them. I think it's an awesome way to ahow these men and women how much we appreciate their sacrifices for our country. I would encourage folks to support this. :usa3

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 pm

hello I am back or I think I am this may be good spot!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Return to “SPECIAL NEEDS SPORTSMANS”