Wounded Warrior gonna need some help

This is a forum for SPORTSMAN with SPECIAL NEEDS. Its always good to have an extra hand or shoulder to lean on.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Wounded Warrior gonna need some help

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I recently saw a post shared on Facebook about a soldier from Crestview, FL area who was wounded serving in Afghanistan. This young man lost both legs and part of a hand in an IED explosion. He is now undergoing rehab, fitting for prosthetics, etc. and will be coming home soon to Crestview.

Where we come in, is that this soldier's home needs some repairs and probably some remodeling to accommodate his special needs. So far the only details I have are that his roof needs some repairs and his driveway may need paving or resurfacing. Might also need ramps installed and other accessibility mods. I'll pass on info as I get it.

I know we have some members up in the panhandle area. If you are up that way or know someone who is a roofer, contractor, carpenters, handyman, willing volunteer, etc. who works up that way, please leave a comment in this thread or PM me.

I'm also going to see if there is any type of fund set up to accept donations if anyone is so inclined. Before doing so, I will also check the story out and do what I can to ensure it's a legit cause.

If you have any questions, or have experience with what this young man will be facing, please add your comments.

It ain't much compared to what this soldier has sacrificed serving our country, but if you can do something to help a wounded warrior carry on with his life, I believe you'll never regret it.

Thanks!
Gary
:united
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: Wounded Warrior gonna need some help

Post by GoodOyster » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:41 am

I'm moving this topic over to the Campfire forum for more exposure.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Return to “SPECIAL NEEDS SPORTSMANS”