Looking to get into a lease ! Whos got openings ?

Discuss general Big Game Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Looking to get into a lease ! Whos got openings ?

Post by OldCrab » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:52 pm

tired of the WMA scene !!
Must Have list -- Deer , year round pigs,camping

:911 :pow :bbq
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Looking to get into a lease ! Whos got openings ?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:11 am

Gary, I won't know if we have any openings till May. That is when most leases renew (early summer). Unless someone specifically tells the lease manager they are not returning.
There is no camping on my lease (same with all Foley property), but there are camp grounds around.

And someone mentioned South Bay...I would make that plan C,D, ore E. You get 100 +/- acres to do what you want with, and you can include up to 4 people on it, and the fees are pretty good. Sounds like a good idea, but you cannot hunt anywhere else except your designated block. And the timber company can come in at any time and make a pasture out of it. SB took over a piece I hunted a few years ago and they leveled a lot of it
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:51 pm

I WAS TALKING TO lUIS ABOUT THIS 1 RECENTLY
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

fishdiver
scout

Post by fishdiver » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:55 am

Hi my name is Marshall. I'm so glad some one started this subject. I thought it might be to early so I didn't. Yes I do love working hard and scouting but on the opening morning of your Quota there 90 yards away someone else is in there stand talking on their phone. Or walking by making noise cause they woke up late. I'm over it I got 2 young boys that always want to come. So I'm scouting again for a new thing a lease or club. I know people who have had a tuff time, I've heard of people not following the rules. The lumber companies not telling you anything about what they are cutting in the fall. Yes I have a lot of work ahead but more important than that is its safe, and fair. If the rules is the rules than fine good. Don't change them in the middle or cause your brother got caught breaking the rules.

I have read a few threads over the past few years and keep watching woods and water. I see a lot of the same names. I've also learned that more than one club might be the best to belong too. So any help would be great. I still believe in public lands. Didn't get to the STA's this year way too busy. That place is not true duck hunting but lots of fun we have a blast. When we lived closer it was easier now up here in Land O Lakes its a drive with 2 little boys. So again any help would be great.

Return to “BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM”