Africa safari hunting! $8k

Discuss general Big Game Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

arhim22
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Africa safari hunting! $8k

Post by arhim22 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm

I was on craigslist and ran into this information. Don't know anything about it but came across it and sounded interesting.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/for/1788792041.html

podunk kennels
Tenderfoot

Re: Africa safari hunting! $8k

Post by podunk kennels » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Wish I had the jack to go... Id love to test my 140 Accubonds out on some plains game.

flags
scout

Post by flags » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:26 am

I've actually hunted with that safari outfit once. They're pretty good, but I really don't think that particular safari is a good deal.

It only lists 6 animals on that hunt: 2 Warthog, 2 Impala, 1 Blue-Wildebeest and 1 Gemsbuck. Anything extra would cost additional trophy fees and things like that can add up really quick. Note that the info doesn't say that each hunter can take those animals himself, it is therefore a shared bag. For what amounts to $4k each, a hunter can take a warthog, an impala and either a wildebesst or gemsbok. That's way too high in my humble opinion.

When you add in the mandatory extra costs like airfare, lodging coming and going, trophy prep, dipping and packing, trophy shipment, tips, customs clearing of trophies and taxidermy, your price will basically double. So you would have a hunt that cost you about $8k to take 3 animals. The average trophy fee on a warthog is $250, the average trophy fee on an imapala is about $200 and the average trophy fees on the wildebesst and gemsbok run about $800 dollars. So an $8k hunt would net you $1200 worth of trophies.

Shop around and you can find much better deals than this one.

Cheers :cowboy
Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:42 am

I'll have to check with a friend from high school. She just got back from a hunt in Africa. Yes. SHE. I'm sure she didn't spend $8k just on the hunt.

Return to “BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM”