BRAVE SOULS HUNTING SAT/SUN 11/6-7 MORNINGS

Discuss general Big Game Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

pcbfish
Junior Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Re: BRAVE SOULS HUNTING SAT/SUN 11/6-7 MORNINGS

Post by pcbfish » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 am

I used my doe tag yesterday, now time to watch the bucks. We need to thin out some does I just hate doing it around the first of Jan, then a few weeks later them go into rut. I think we should have doe week the first week of gun season then things could calm down. I saw 16 does and 2 small bucks yesterday. Our club is 6 point or better.

frankwt

Post by frankwt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 am

That's right, we are a 6 point or better club and no bucks on the cams at my feeder, but I have 2 roads and 140 acres to hunt.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:16 am

Shoot. One day i was late for my hunt.. jumped on the four wheeler with just a t shirt on. I was near hypothermia when i got down from the stand (i usually sit all day 8 hours). THen i got to the fourwheeler and had to drive through the cutting cold wind back. I got back and was studdering and couldnt feel my hands or feet. Got right in the truck and turned on the heat. Even when i got home and was in a burning hot shower i was still cold. All the way to the next day i was shivering. So i said no more. I got kids and cant deal with this. I bought these two things...

total cost: bibs $69.99, Heater $34.99.

Well worth the investment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 pm

I left my propane heater in N.Y. never figured I'd need it here, that and my darn (not my first choice of words but tryin to keep it pg) snow shovel, won't miss that.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM”