How was your 2010 - 2011 hunting season

Discuss general Big Game Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: How was your 2010 - 2011 hunting season

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm

One buck and one doe off private land in GA. I had some great times camping out while doing it, good food, drink and company. To me, thats what it is all about, the entire experience, we struck out more than not but every trip was worth it to me.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 pm

down4dacount wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote: Never duck hunted, it is definitely on my list to do. Just never had anyone volunteer to let me tag along

Allen you are a little far , but if you come down , I'll take you duck hunting to the STA's down here . How far are you from Clewiston or Palm Beach
No idea how far it is Ray. I am in Tampa

I'll trade you a trip. You take me duck huntin, and I'll get you out of that S Fla sawgrass for a weekend and let you chase these N Fla oak hammock/planted pine swamp donkeys
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:
down4dacount wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote: Never duck hunted, it is definitely on my list to do. Just never had anyone volunteer to let me tag along

Allen you are a little far , but if you come down , I'll take you duck hunting to the STA's down here . How far are you from Clewiston or Palm Beach

I'll trade you a trip. You take me duck huntin, and I'll get you out of that S Fla sawgrass for a weekend and let you chase these N Fla oak hammock/planted pine swamp donkeys
Allen you are only 2 to 2-1/2 hours away from Clewiston . I'll take you up on the offer . I'll Pm you my number , give me a call tomorrow
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 pm

down4dacount wrote:
Iluv2hunt wrote:
down4dacount wrote:

Allen you are only 2 to 2-1/2 hours away from Clewiston . I'll take you up on the offer . I'll Pm you my number , give me a call tomorrow
Sorry to butt in, but from Lutz to Clewiston is gonna be 3 hours or more, especially at Allen's pace! From Sarasota it's a good 2 1/2 hours to Clewiston, just over 3 to West Palm Beach. Still not too far for a good duck hunting trip! Y'all could probably mix in some bass fishing while you're at it!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Ironcat
Second Class Scout

How was your 2010 - 2011 hunting season

Post by Ironcat » Thu May 05, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm still waiting on Ray to take ME hunting from LAST season...

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Ironcat wrote:I'm still waiting on Ray to take ME hunting from LAST season...
well you were busy when I was going and I had hunts lined up with my nephew and other buddies .
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:17 pm

I had a good second year hunting,
I dropped my first deer, and three more hogs this year.

It's really hard to wait 4 1/2 more months until :archer

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Thu May 05, 2011 10:35 pm

I had a good season. I killed 5 bucks here at my house. Nothing to really brag on, but certainly something to be thankful for!

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm

I want in on some of that ducking.I have a buddy who has killed almost every variety of North American waterfowl except 2 or 3. Including swans,geese, and whatever flys in California. BTW,I ended up with 2 bucks,3 does,and 5 or 6 hogs and a lot of good times with friends and my boys.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri May 06, 2011 10:19 am

1 huge Doe on Dad's property in upstate NY (shotgun), missed a huge 8 pt off Dad's property in NY at about 40 yards with a shotgun (helps when there is a shell in the chamber), wounded/flesh wounded a 5 point at about 60 yards off hand in GA (Fort Stewart with the 44 Mag Lever) and tracked him 6 hours until blood disappeared, No hogs this year as of yet, limited out twice on doves in GA (12 each time), and No turkey or other game birds. Shot a couple crows, an armadillo, and a racoon, if that counts. Overall not a bad year for the amount of time invested. Next season should be better, let's just hope gas and diesel doesn't go to $5 plus a gallon....

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Fri May 06, 2011 10:48 am

Skunk Ape wrote:I want in on some of that ducking.
Looks like we have to talk before duck permits apps , you and Allen might be doing a roadtrip down here . PM your # we'll talk about it
ShotKam Prostaff

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Fri May 06, 2011 11:29 am

d4 da ct, do you salt water or fresh water hunt ducks? I've done mostly saltwater and found they don't taste anywhere near as good as freshwater, but I've never perfected a way to cook them, some of my buds have.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Fri May 06, 2011 11:33 am

nacho grande wrote:d4 da ct, do you salt water or fresh water hunt ducks? I've done mostly saltwater and found they don't taste anywhere near as good as freshwater, but I've never perfected a way to cook them, some of my buds have.
freshwater , saltwater taste kind of fishy
ShotKam Prostaff

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri May 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Ray I got your msg and will give you a call when I can. Im up at my camp now and tryin to get my fu&^%$# boat cranked
:censored :boat

I went to the woods this morning and the game was flat out up moving. Too bad I forgot to load my rifle :wacko
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

BigJack
scout

Post by BigJack » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 pm

I got
1 fallow doe
1 Red stag
1 hog
1 Archery Corsican sheep
1 Texas doll sheep
and a handfull of dove