How was your 2010 - 2011 hunting season

Discuss general Big Game Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 am

Mine was a good one once again . I only hunted WMA's and ended up with 2 bucks , 11 hogs , 2 gobblers , 2 gators , and a pile of ducks , I think 109 was the total . Looking forward to this upcoming season , especially hunting in Aug , with the rut in full swing . Not looking forward to the gas bill :censored
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: How was your 2010 - 2011 hunting season

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Mine was better than average. 2 deer, 13 hogs, and 2 gobblers
Never duck hunted, it is definitely on my list to do. Just never had anyone volunteer to let me tag along

I may be back to doing the public land deal next year. Not sure if I can afford a lease and gas
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

huntfish32

Post by huntfish32 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:26 pm

2 bucks 3 does and stabbed a hog with my knife until he unpeacefully passed away.

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:25 pm

1 buck, 1 doe and my 1st gobbler. Slow one but I've got high hopes for this next season.

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Wed May 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote: Never duck hunted, it is definitely on my list to do. Just never had anyone volunteer to let me tag along

Allen you are a little far , but if you come down , I'll take you duck hunting to the STA's down here . How far are you from Clewiston or Palm Beach
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

flags
scout

Post by flags » Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 am

Mine was a complete bust. Military duties kept me out of the field for the entire season. And, that's especially bad since I can hunt as a resident in Colorado, Virginia and Florida. didn't get to hunt a single day in any of them. That doesn't happen often, but when it does it really gets depressing.

:cowboy
Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity.

Star Scout

Post by 30.06 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:46 am

most of my hunting was done in by torn acl nov 20 pulling a hog outta the woods on private property near wauchula. so nothing but the 1 hog. now that i am recovered i am focusing on wmas, and teaching myself how to use my new cva ml. looking to expand my hunting to muzzleloading season, maybe helping and learning some gator hunting, and more birds than just turkeys. Ducks, geese, dove, and quail seem like fun but i have no dog for retrieving.
OUT OF MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Thu May 05, 2011 8:19 am

After 71 days of hunting all I got was 4 hogs, 1 rabbit and a I lost count of the squirrels (yes, I’m crazy about squirrel hunting with my youngest son and my daughter). All hogs from the Green Swamp. Met like 20-30 hunters and make friends with them, so that was a plus. I'll be hunting with some of them this coming season which is why I hunt, the friendship and relationships you build with good people that enjoy hunting, outdoors, guns and good times. A very successful season indeed.

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 am

I hardly deer hunted, shot one during ML but never recovered. Caught a pile of hogs though, not really sure how many...about half were killed and half were caught and tied and put in a pen. Still never got motivated to chase thunder chickens....

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu May 05, 2011 8:53 am

I had hoped this would be the season I could get back in to hunting, even paid a good chunk of money to join a lease. But :crap: happens and the lease wasn't what it was made out to be, and so I learned a lesson there. I've been drawn for a hog hunt for January, and hope to get into a couple of WMAs in the off-season for some scouting, as much as work and gas prices will allow!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Sangster
Patrol Leader

Post by Sangster » Thu May 05, 2011 10:18 am

0 of everything :(
Ryan

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Thu May 05, 2011 11:33 am

The first day and the last day were GREAT.

Did not get to gun hunt till small game. Started out really great with a deer on opening morning 15 yard shot.
Busted on second third and fourth week end and one miss on the third . Yea I thought the doe was 35 yards. Placed it just under the chest perfect alignment. She never ran just looked around. Each time I was busted the deer were about 10 yards from my tree for me that's normal bow range. I don't know how I was making noise but they heard something. Then my grand mother in law was on her death bed so we had to trash two toso permits for first gun and fly out. You know she made a recovery 98 and still going. Then by time we go back to hunting some one pulled right out in front of my truck. If I would not reacted as fast I think they would be dead. Was just able slam on the break and watch them pass right by the front of the tuck before slamming the left rear of there truck. One hell of an impact from 55 to almost a dead stop. My wife is still recovering. By the time my back was feeling ok gun was over.

So to sum it up I had real productive hunting just not enough hunting. One hog one deer and 4 missed opportunities= Good Year just bad luck

pandaxmx
Second Class Scout

Post by pandaxmx » Thu May 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Mr. Lolo wrote:After 71 days of hunting all I got was 4 hogs, 1 rabbit and a I lost count of the squirrels (yes, I’m crazy about squirrel hunting with my youngest son and my daughter). All hogs from the Green Swamp. Met like 20-30 hunters and make friends with them, so that was a plus. I'll be hunting with some of them this coming season which is why I hunt, the friendship and relationships you build with good people that enjoy hunting, outdoors, guns and good times. A very successful season indeed.
Well last season I left all the game to Mr. Lolo,,, but i did get to meet him and his super family.. He is a Great guy, but maybe next season he will let mwe get a few shots in LOL. again 0 game but 1 good friend
Gun Laws are only for folks who Obey the Law..Criminals don't give a HOOT

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 pm

contrary to popular belief I did get out at least app 20 times. never deer hunted mainly hogs with no success, got 2 turkey, 2 yotes and a bunch of squirrels and armadillo.gas a back brace and 2 wrist splints cramped my style a bit.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Ironcat
Second Class Scout

Post by Ironcat » Thu May 05, 2011 7:18 pm

I got 5 ducks, 2 quail, 1 rabbit, and a high fence pig.

Return to “BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM”