What Ever Happened To The Hunter Rules Of Dencency??

Discuss general Big Game Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

ELS
scout

What Ever Happened To The Hunter Rules Of Dencency??

Post by ELS » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:27 pm

This morning I once again went to Osceola National Forrest. I got there this time 2 and a half Hours before the sun was comming up. The place I wanted to hunt once again was occupied by somebody got there in front of me and had parked and gone in. So I quietly Backed out and went to another place. He got there first so why spoil it for him. I always thought this was the Right thing to do.
I get to the other place I want to hunt and am the only one there about an hour before the sun comes up. Two other trucks drive up and see me there then leave. I am walking in when another one pulls up and the guy ask me where I am going. I told him and he said he had been there scouting that sopt a couple of days. I said me too and it was true. So he drives up about 50 yards and goes in in front of me. I mean WTH?? I keep edging in and then it happened. A Deer Walkes Inbetween where I am and this Idiot. I personally thing the Idiot spooked the deer. The sad thing is I was not sure where the Idiot was so I Missed a shot. A couple of minutes later I saw his orange and I most likely would have hit him if the bullet went through the deer. I am about feed up with Public Lands.

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: What Ever Happened To The Hunter Rules Of Dencency??

Post by Kortsman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Two days that I don't go in the woods. The day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. Both bring out the fuddiest of the Elmers...

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 am

That's exactly why I don't hunt public land. Hunting private land only is no guarantee though that some idiot isn't trespassing but at least it's great most of the time. Sorry your hunt got ruined. There's an ever increasing amount of ignorant and rude folks out there...when they have a gun in their hands it just makes things worse.

Tommytcontendernut
scout

Post by Tommytcontendernut » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 pm

9dawgs wrote:That's exactly why I don't hunt public land. Hunting private land only is no guarantee though that some idiot isn't trespassing but at least it's great most of the time. Sorry your hunt got ruined. There's an ever increasing amount of ignorant and rude folks out there...when they have a gun in their hands it just makes things worse.
That's exactly ONE of the reasons I don't hunt public land
God forbid it was him seeing that deer, and took a shot
I hate saying this, but your last thought could have been
God why didn't I just sign a lease,
I do my best to have $ for a lease, I am real scared of Public land
I know it can happen any where,but I like the little peace of mind

Glad the only pain was him

Tom

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:25 am

That sucks. I only hunt private land now but do miss the public and diffrent faces and different situations.

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

What hunter rules . It's public land , belongs to all who pay a hunting license , just cause I see a truck parked in a spot doesn't mean no one else can hunt there . If you happen to see the person just talk to him and ask what general area he's at and you go a different way . I hunt several WMA's from the South to Central . If I see another truck when I get there and the guy is there I ask him where he's hunting and I tell him where I'm going so we don't mess each other . One parking area has lots of woods around . Another scenario , if I see a truck I still go in and hunt my usual spots . It's public land so you gotta take it as it comes . Couple years ago I was hunting Spring Turkey , I got to my spot at 4am and got setup . Right before daylight another hunter came in from a different entrance and decided to setup right under the tree where the birds were roosted and spooked em of the roost , there went my hunt . SH!T happens and it's public land . If you don't wanna be bothered , pay $$$$$$$ and get on a lease .
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Also hunt of the beaten path and you won't be bothered by other hunters . Or you can use those hunters to your advantage to drive game to you . I have shot several bucks close to my truck . Other hunters go in I stay behind and as they are coming back from their afternoon hunt , they are spooking game my way and bang , dropped another one . It's public land you gotta play the game you are dealt .
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

Return to “BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM”