Looking for a SW Florida lease

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Looking for a SW Florida lease

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 pm

jody wrote:M12gunboy,
please go to Ga and hunt ,I have seen hunters bring in 90lb deer in Ga and north Fl leases
I know that I am not the cheapest lease at $6600.00 a year,but we have 4000 acres next to a game preserve,
800 pd ice machine, 10X16 walk-in cooler, covered and lighted skinning area, 150 yard shooting range,
30 and 50 amp camper plugs, deep well with a water softner,hog hunting all year,wife and kids are not considered as guests, three treestand and feeders per member, you can bring 2 extra guests at any time, we dont hunt with dogs
like leases in Ga and North FL
I could go on and on about this lease but the best part of this lease is that is only 50 minutes from my house
to the front door of my camper
M12gunboy I dont want to start a pissing match with you, me being a new member here but, I might pay more
for my lease but I know that I got a heck of a better deal
Btw you might want to check your figures I do believe you are slightly off (BY A LOT)
I also see a lot of leases thruout florida that are very costly and some are reasonable ,so if you dont like the price
go elsewhere instead of trying to rundown the lease cause you think it is expensive
BTW with the nice attitude that you have ,I think that the interview for this hunt club would last 30 seconds before I told you go back to GA hunting we dont need a member like you

boy oh boy, you come right out of the gate spitting fire and vinegar....it would almost be funny if the 1st half of your post didn't sound like an advertisement.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm happy for you and it sounds like it works well for you for $6600.00 a year. For me, I'd move outa state before paying that kinda coin for a hunting lease. I have hunted the Morman lease out past Harmony,FL, as a guest quite a few times and enjoyed it. My friends who are members pay in the $8000 a year range for the lease membership and an additional $3-5K for food plots, road up keep, kitchen and cabin painting and upkeep, raised enclosed shooting houses/stands etc, etc etc. They have everything you desrcibed and drink $100 bottles of wine while cooking gourmet in the outside/fully enclosed stainless kitchen. Cable TV, Jeeps, ATV's, Tractors, Swamp Buggies, Air Boats, 4 wheelers, you name it they have it at this particular lease. Three of the cabins are so nicely done in hardwood, carpet, AC, tile, full kicthens in the cabin, three bedrooms, etc that you could live there year around like your were in the suburb. Great guys, most have more money than they have sense, and that's the reason the supply and demand has forced the price so high. They limit there lease to 12 cabins/members per camp on 10K acre tracks I believe. I mostly hunt GA WMA's and Federal Reserves (Fort Stewart & HAAF) and don't have a lease there nor here. It costs me $295.00 for my out of state license and WMA stamp and another $55.00 for my Fort Stewart & HAAF Yearly Hunting Access Pass (280,000 Acres). Costs me about $100-150 per trip in fuel from CFL to Savannah and back. Have family in Savannah, so room and board is free. Add another $100 or so for food per trip. I can make a whole lotta trips and kill and clean a whole lotta hogs/deer for $6-8K a year in GA making trips.

My point is that $6 or $8K a year is alot of money for a lease and it's all because some high rollers/speculators and greedy land owners have pushed the prices into the heavens. Yes, some of it is "Supply and Demand" as Dony discussed and that's another reason why they are getting this kind of money for a hunting lease. Thirdly, this being a SEW happy state, it is very difficuly to get FREE hunting access to land, like in most states north of the Carolinas and west of the Mississippi, in fear of someone sewing you the landowner because they hurt themselves while accessing your property. There was no need to make it personal but since you've decided to go there I'll "so indulge" as we say in the South.

FL is a BUYER beware state and FL is know for it because it's the scam capital of the USA. FL is also one of the SEW capitals of the USA. In 2006-2007 our company had three people/companies who tried to sue our company and we weren't even involved or found at fault/liable for the incident they described. They just thought they'd file a suite against us because an incident happened that the thought we were involved and it turns out we weren't even the right people. Believe that shart! This is why a good lawyer in FL runs $350-500 an hour in FL. BUYER BE WARE! Wonder why we have the second largest foreclosure problem in the nation next to Las Vegas? Did you really think a $150K house would be worth $350K, they sold them and look at what that did to the FL economy. $8K dollar hunting leases for 1 year access, are you kidding me? They would have to be serving 2" thick T-Bones and $100 bottles of Cab Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings with a Waiter and Butler. You can go to Argentina and hunt three bird species (Ducks, Doves and Pigeons) in 5 days, free range, including air fare, travel, lodging, ammo, guns, food, wine, women and song for $6K and shoot until my arm falls off. You pay that just for land access, electricity access, a few stands, cooler, ice, a range, water and a cleaning shred? And you have to buy/have a camper too?

That being said, I'll take your timid advise, take my preceived "attitude", my "money", and my ability to make rational decisions to GA and hunt as I have, run the WMA's of GA and FL until leaving the "land of the mouse" and go buy my own land in the south without having to cut off my pinky toe every year so some jack wad FL landowner can lease me some land and screw me in the a** for $6-8K without even a kiss!

deutze
Second Class Scout

Post by deutze » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:26 am

the whole point of hunting for me is to get away from others and forget about money issues for a while granted I have deep pockets and short arms but why not instead put that 6-8k as a down payment and buy some land. if your gonna pay that kinda money to hunt I'd rather go to alaska,canada s. america,africa, new zealand for some real trophies instead of a few whitetails and hogs.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:52 am

jody wrote:M12gunboy,
please go to Ga and hunt ,I have seen hunters bring in 90lb deer in Ga and north Fl leases
I know that I am not the cheapest lease at $6600.00 a year,but we have 4000 acres next to a game preserve,
800 pd ice machine, 10X16 walk-in cooler, covered and lighted skinning area, 150 yard shooting range,
30 and 50 amp camper plugs, deep well with a water softner,hog hunting all year,wife and kids are not considered as guests, three treestand and feeders per member, you can bring 2 extra guests at any time, we dont hunt with dogs
like leases in Ga and North FL
I could go on and on about this lease but the best part of this lease is that is only 50 minutes from my house
to the front door of my camper
M12gunboy I dont want to start a pissing match with you, me being a new member here but, I might pay more
for my lease but I know that I got a heck of a better deal
Btw you might want to check your figures I do believe you are slightly off (BY A LOT)
I also see a lot of leases thruout florida that are very costly and some are reasonable ,so if you dont like the price
go elsewhere instead of trying to rundown the lease cause you think it is expensive
BTW with the nice attitude that you have ,I think that the interview for this hunt club would last 30 seconds before I told you go back to GA hunting we dont need a member like you
I think there is a big difference in "owning" your own land and "leasing" someone else's.
I don't think M12 was "running down" any of the high dollar leases down south, just expressing his opinion that $8k is a lot of jack to invest in something for your leisure.
Heck - I spent maybe $750 total on my hunting season last year (not on a lease) and I was tickled pink with the results. Its all in what makes each person happy and content.

deutze
Second Class Scout

Post by deutze » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:41 am

admittedly not fom FL and never been a member of a lease but if you have 10-30 guys on the same property each with his own stand/feeder and or food plot aren't you all working against each other trying to get the game to come to YOUR set up NOT the other guys? upstate N.Y. we worked small groups/crews of 2-8 friends/family together to do drives, cover bedding/feeding areas and escape routes in the hope 1 or more of us would score, and it didn't really matter which one as all were pleased.

jody

Post by jody » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:27 am

Triple Creek ,yes I see that it sounds like a advertisment but it was not meant to be
any of yall including mod12boy can come anytime to hunt but not with a attitude

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 am

jody wrote:Triple Creek ,yes I see that it sounds like a advertisment but it was not meant to be
any of yall including mod12boy can come anytime to hunt but not with a attitude
The next time I am in a camp that nice will be the 1st time I have ever been in a camp that nice. I am used to hoisting my deer from tree branches to skin & quarter and then washing up in the creek afterward. We sleep in tents, cook over open fires and generally make a fool of ourselves after a few cold ones at the end of the day.

I would really like to experience hunting with all the camp amenities one day. But I have to say there is something to be said for going the primitive route as well. For me...I feel more connected to the outdoors somehow.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

deutze
Second Class Scout

Post by deutze » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 pm

you had a creek? we had to walk 5 miles, uphill both ways to get some muddy water and share one pair of boots between 3 hunters.

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Post by Batemaster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Well if anyone is interested there's one more opening on the lease I am going to be on. No buggies or dogs so don't even ask. Located in Glades County. Message me for more info.

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Post by Batemaster » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 am

Lease is full. Thanks!

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”