Looking for a SW Florida lease

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Looking for a SW Florida lease

Post by DONY1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:01 pm

It's funny but I moved down here so I could have the same situation with fishing and going to the keys. 25 min from the house and I'm looking for tailing bones or permit. 25 min from the house the other way and I'm sipping a rum runner at a tiki bar on the water.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm

DONY1 wrote:It's funny but I moved down here so I could have the same situation with fishing and going to the keys. 25 min from the house and I'm looking for tailing bones or permit. 25 min from the house the other way and I'm sipping a rum runner at a tiki bar on the water.
As much as I would really like to hunt out my backyard and it is possible in some parts of Central Florida on the outskirts, I do believe I would much rather enjoy fishing out of my backyard/dock/seawall.....It just seems I would be able to enjoy it for longer periods of the year. Now if I could just figure out how to get to the water!!
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

kc45
Troop Bugler

Post by kc45 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:13 pm

DONY1 wrote:It's funny but I moved down here so I could have the same situation with fishing and going to the keys. 25 min from the house and I'm looking for tailing bones or permit. 25 min from the house the other way and I'm sipping a rum runner at a tiki bar on the water.
I purchased my house on a lake so I can fish for peacock and large mouth bass any time.
I used to fish behind the house 200+ days a year from shore or aboard my 14' "yacht".
Now I fish maybe 50 days a year.
As my son gets older, he's getting more into fishing so maybe in few years we'll be fishing the lake a lot more.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:27 pm

Dony I agree with you 100% about "supply and demand", circumstances and current situation. This is one of the many reasons why we are going to change our situation, circumstances and the supply and demand once we sell our home, and head back to the south in Georgia. Our money goes three times as far there, and my salary will only decrease by $30K a year, still in the six figure range. I can own 100 plus acres, 2500 Sq' custom built home, and not have any hussle or bussle for the same amount we pay for a 100x100 lot with 2000 Sq' without hunting or outdoor access. We have been there, and done that as a small business owners also and understand the tax advantage, but damm that's alot of coin to lay out, my mutual funds would like that kinda money alot more than I would like a hunting lease.

To each his own, I just couldn't justify $8K plus, even for 1000 acres of access all for myself.

Good post Batemaster!!!

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:53 pm

M12Gunboy wrote: once we sell our home, and head back to the south in Georgia. Our money goes three times as far there, and my salary will only decrease by $30K a year, still in the six figure range. I can own 100 plus acres, 2500 Sq' custom built home, and not have any hussle or bussle

I'll be waiting on the invite.......I'll bring the beer ....does this mean you would be routing for the Dawgs??
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I'll extend the invitation now Jason! Since momma's pregnant I had to pass of a 72 acre track for $82K, 23 miles outside of Augusta GA, all hardwoods with water, two streams and a pond. Dammm that was a good one and it went FAST!

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Post by Batemaster » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:08 pm

A few years ago there was a camp with two buggys in the Cypress that sold for $75k I believe. I'm still kicking myself for that one but money wasnt there at the time.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Batemaster wrote:A few years ago there was a camp with two buggys in the Cypress that sold for $75k I believe. I'm still kicking myself for that one but money wasnt there at the time.
Ain't that the way it always works. I have my eyes on a piece now but do not have the funds. By the time everyone gets the funds, all the d**n prices go up.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
EST 2013

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:
M12Gunboy wrote: once we sell our home, and head back to the south in Georgia. Our money goes three times as far there, and my salary will only decrease by $30K a year, still in the six figure range. I can own 100 plus acres, 2500 Sq' custom built home, and not have any hussle or bussle

I'll be waiting on the invite.......I'll bring the beer ....does this mean you would be routing for the Dawgs??
Go dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:20 pm

M12Gunboy wrote:I'll extend the invitation now Jason! Since momma's pregnant I had to pass of a 72 acre track for $82K, 23 miles outside of Augusta GA, all hardwoods with water, two streams and a pond. Dammm that was a good one and it went FAST!
Congrats
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Batemaster wrote:A few years ago there was a camp with two buggys in the Cypress that sold for $75k I believe. I'm still kicking myself for that one but money wasnt there at the time.
I remember that. I had someone who knew 3 guys that were buying a camp for $80,000 that wanted one more guy for $20,000 ask me if I wanted in. At the time I had about a dozen different contractors going belly up on me. He called me every other day for a week. I thought long and hard but decided with the economy crashing around me that I needed to keep my cash handy. I really screwed up. When I hunt the Cypress I'm always close to that piece and regret not getting in.

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 pm

$8,000 is a lot of change to plop down in one lump sum. I figured I'd look for something in the 4-6000 range if I was gonna do it. For me it would have to be 2 hrs or less. If I had to drive 3 or more it would defeat the purpose. My last lease in Florida was 5 1/2 hrs from home and only cost $1,300 I think.

kc45
Troop Bugler

Post by kc45 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Dony1

Living so far south, can you make it out of Broward in 2 hours :devil j/k

2 hours from Homestead will get you to maybe Ft. Myers on the west cost, Immokalee on the northwest and Ft. Pierce on the east coast... and Okeechobee. I'm not sure how much choices you'll have in that area.

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Post by Batemaster » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 pm

There's lots of choices. Trust me everyone is looking for a lease.

jody

Post by jody » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 pm

M12gunboy,
please go to Ga and hunt ,I have seen hunters bring in 90lb deer in Ga and north Fl leases
I know that I am not the cheapest lease at $6600.00 a year,but we have 4000 acres next to a game preserve,
800 pd ice machine, 10X16 walk-in cooler, covered and lighted skinning area, 150 yard shooting range,
30 and 50 amp camper plugs, deep well with a water softner,hog hunting all year,wife and kids are not considered as guests, three treestand and feeders per member, you can bring 2 extra guests at any time, we dont hunt with dogs
like leases in Ga and North FL
I could go on and on about this lease but the best part of this lease is that is only 50 minutes from my house
to the front door of my camper
M12gunboy I dont want to start a pissing match with you, me being a new member here but, I might pay more
for my lease but I know that I got a heck of a better deal
Btw you might want to check your figures I do believe you are slightly off (BY A LOT)
I also see a lot of leases thruout florida that are very costly and some are reasonable ,so if you dont like the price
go elsewhere instead of trying to rundown the lease cause you think it is expensive
BTW with the nice attitude that you have ,I think that the interview for this hunt club would last 30 seconds before I told you go back to GA hunting we dont need a member like you

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”