A dumb question about hunting lease membership

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

kc45
Troop Bugler

A dumb question about hunting lease membership

Post by kc45 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:07 pm

It seems that most (all?) hunting leases allow a member to bring a guest.
Is there a limit to number of time a person can come as guest?
The reason I'm asking is that if a member can bring a guest each time then why can't two people get together and buy one membership and then bring the second person as guest?

Batemaster
Tenderfoot

Re: A dumb question about hunting lease membership

Post by Batemaster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:15 pm

The lease I am now allows one guest a trip and it doesn't matter how many times that person comes. I would say you could split a membership but remember theres only one key and that "splitter" can only go when you're there, since you're the key holder. If not he is trespassing. No sharing of keys is allowed. Also most leases do not allow guests the first weekends of each hunt, and you have to split bag limits.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm

kc45 wrote:It seems that most (all?) hunting leases allow a member to bring a guest.
Is there a limit to number of time a person can come as guest?
The reason I'm asking is that if a member can bring a guest each time then why can't two people get together and buy one membership and then bring the second person as guest?
There are many provisions in just about all leases to prevent just that.
Guest fees
Guest dates
#of guest days
same guest limited to a couple days
etc
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Each lease sets their own guidelines for such matters. There's no set-in-stone rule all leases follow. Guest policy is one of the many things you check out when considering which lease to join, not only so you know what's allowed for your own guests, but in case you see other members violating the rules.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Some leases allow unlimited one at a time, some allow none, some charge per day and limit to no more then 3 times a year per person, most dont allow guests first days before or first days of an actual season. All different for different leases.

Reason for this is..... Some people split a lease price with someone. Then they come up as a guest every time and essentually its two people splitting a lease.

milkman
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by milkman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Guest days and fees seem to be a sticking point with a lot of people. I personally don't see what the problem is. A membership is allowed a certain amount of game per year no matter who shoots it or not. Also the guest has to be accompanied by the member and has to hunt the members stands so he or she is not encroaching on another members area. Most clubs you join allow you to bring your wife or your kids that are underage,but what about the guy who's wife doesn't care about hunting and kids that are grown and too busy,but they may have an elderly father or uncle who are on a fixed income that would love to come to camp and spend quality time at hunting camp ? The best club I ever belonged to let you bring any family member at any time you wanted but whatever was killed came off your membership. The only downside is turkey season when your liscence only allows you two birds per season.
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them." Denny Gulvas

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”