Looking for new member for hunting lease North Fl

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

luth65
scout

Post by luth65 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

QDM hunt club with 2000 acres in north fl boardering Osceola national Forest looking for a few good men..... Family oriented lease that helps each other out and everybody gets along very well. I live in Plant City and would like to find members in that area.... We do not want locals sorry. Yearly dues are $1500 and toatl of 15 members please PM me with questions. Several food plots and club stands in place...... :taz

Thanks!

trapper dan
VIP MEMBER

Re: Looking for new member for hunting lease North Fl

Post by trapper dan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 am

No locals always make me think of jealousy issues. Wether you know it or not locals are hunting it any way. Lmao. Nice 1st post.

davedirt
Ordeal
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by davedirt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 am

Can you post rules?
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 am

trapper dan wrote:Wether you know it or not locals are hunting it any way. Lmao. Nice 1st post.
+1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Re: Looking for new member for hunting lease North Fl

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 pm

trapper dan wrote:No locals always make me think of jealousy issues. Wether you know it or not locals are hunting it any way. Lmao. Nice 1st post.
When I ran a lease we had no locals. If I ever run another one I will institute the same rule again
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Agree........
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS

ROLL TIDE

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm starting to wonder the legality of banning locals from hunting leases.

trapper dan
VIP MEMBER

Re: Re: Looking for new member for hunting lease North Fl

Post by trapper dan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:
trapper dan wrote:No locals always make me think of jealousy issues. Wether you know it or not locals are hunting it any way. Lmao. Nice 1st post.
When I ran a lease we had no locals. If I ever run another one I will institute the same rule again

Why is that ?

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:16 pm

From what I understand, if a majority of the members live out of town, they feel that the local members have an unfair advantage by being able to hunt it more or perhaps won't follow the rules during the week. Some also say the extra pressure generated from hunting during the week reduces their chances of killing a critter.

What I don't get is when people prohibit locals but then retirees from out of the area join and spend 3-4 weeks or more at a time at the hunt camp. Or half of the members use all of their vacation from work during hunting season and spend it there. Not that I have an issue with that, just seems to nullify the no locals thought process.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Skunk Ape wrote:I'm starting to wonder the legality of banning locals from hunting leases.
Its a fat guy thing. Lol

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 pm

I don't have a problem with locals or far away. As long as they respect each others stand sites and don't my area while I'm not there.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS

ROLL TIDE

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:24 am

davedirt wrote:I don't have a problem with locals or far away. As long as they respect each others stand sites and don't my area while I'm not there.
X2

If someone wants to hunt your spot and no one is around to counter them, they're gonna hunt your spot. Whether its a local or even a guy that lives 500 miles away on the neighboring lease. If you can establish a good relationship with a local they can be a terrific asset when you're not around. It can go either way.
Its also true about the retired folks - my wife had a client that would leave for Georgia in early September and not come back until around early December.
On a side note - only problem I ever had with someone in my spot when I was on a lease (Hamilton County) was a guy who lived all the way down in Ft Myers - so it isn't always a local that can be a problem.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 am

luth65 wrote:QDM hunt club with 2000 acres in north fl boardering Osceola national Forest looking for a few good men..... Family oriented lease that helps each other out and everybody gets along very well. I live in Plant City and would like to find members in that area.... We do not want locals sorry. Yearly dues are $1500 and toatl of 15 members please PM me with questions. Several food plots and club stands in place...... :taz

Thanks!
Sorry for getting this thread way off topic!!!!

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm

luth65 wrote:QDM hunt club with 2000 acres in north fl boardering Osceola national Forest looking for a few good men..... Family oriented lease that helps each other out and everybody gets along very well. I live in Plant City and would like to find members in that area.... We do not want locals sorry. Yearly dues are $1500 and toatl of 15 members please PM me with questions. Several food plots and club stands in place...... :taz

Thanks!
I was in a lease a few years back that also bordered Osceola. Good deer and a ton of turkeys! Good luck.

Hoss74
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Hoss74 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, I am a local to the area. I hunt the Osceola forest but have not had much luck there. I thought a place with stands and feeders might help. It would beat traveling out of town to better WMAs (where I have actually had luck).
I am not allowed vacation during most of the good seasons because that is our busy time of year. During deer season I am lucky to get 1 day every other week to hunt. If I weren't busy next week buying property I would be using my vacation to hunt South FL for the bigger and better gobblers. I would worry more about retirees with campers than locals.
That being said good luck. Out of curiosity do you have a harvest report of the area or an estimation.
Per acre Osceola is the lowest in number of deer, but I wonder if it isn't because of the fact that there are no check stations to my knowledge there. I have seen plenty of deer this past season. Unfortunately all too small or does.

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”