How?

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

How?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Do folks afford leases that are $8k+ a year for S Fla? I just don't get it...I literally have to squirrel money aside all year to pay my measly $1k lease. What do these folks do for a living? I guess I am either too stupid or honest to make that kind of money. And I damn sure aint jealous of them folks
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

How?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Id pat that if it was 30 mins away. I waste more then that on gas alone.

Sent From Cr0ck1' IPhone most likely from the woods.

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Re: How?

Post by CitySlicker » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Ridiculous amount of money what these guys pay for poor quality hunting if you ask me. Ofcourse some people have money to burn. I am not 1, but would not complain if I was.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:42 pm

I make that kind of coin and have had the opportunity to get on a couple of those big $$$$$$$ leases. I refuse as I am saving for my own 100 acres of serenity! That's crazy to pay that kind of money. I have bailed myself out of a huge debt which was due to closing our business, 3 years later and I am down to $60k. Another 8 months and I will be debt free and have my 20% for a down payment on 100 acres for $120k.

P.S. I have been driving a $3k hooptee for 3 years to do it too!

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 pm

and according to my crystal ball in 8-12 months you will have "new friends" coming out of the wood work. just try and buy property close to Spring Hill so I don't have to drive too far, lol.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Let's hope my plan works out and I don't get laid off! All my luck I'll get back to zero and get laid off and have to live on my $2500 a month retirement from the Army.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:Id pat that if it was 30 mins away. I waste more then that on gas alone.

No way you spend that on gas. I hunt a hell of a lot more weekends than you do, drive three hours to camp, and another 25 miles to my lease. And I don't come anywhere even remotely close to that in gas
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

How?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 pm

I gas up before i leave, gas up when i get there, then gas up to go home, then gas up when i get home.

That's bout 350 in gas per trip. If i go twice a month thats $8,400 a year. If you dont count the gas when i get home it goes gown to like $7,000.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

How?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 pm

The closest town is 15 miles each way. I truly in bubble f...

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't know how they do it either . But if I had the money I would be in like flies on chit on those leases . Citislicker the leases down here ain't poor believe me . Lot's of 120 and 130 inch bucks on them . But you ain't gonna see them pics on forums . I can't complain with my WMA stat's and nowhere 8-10K a year to hunt .
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:45 am

It kind of shocks me as well, but its their money.......usually those high dollar leases also include a cabin/house, barn, satellite tv, power/water, maybe a buggy, etc, etc...

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Post by CitySlicker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:48 pm

down4dacount wrote:I don't know how they do it either . But if I had the money I would be in like flies on chit on those leases . Citislicker the leases down here ain't poor believe me . Lot's of 120 and 130 inch bucks on them . But you ain't gonna see them pics on forums . I can't complain with my WMA stat's and nowhere 8-10K a year to hunt .
Yeah, I always hear about all these 120 class bucks, and bigger on these leases down south. I just don't buy all the crap. Most guys where ever they hunt will post a pic, or 2 of a quailty kill. There is no need to tell people where they killed it. All I know is I pay $ 26.50 for my stamp, and put in for a few special op hunts every year. I have put 5 bucks on the Florida registry since 1998. Only 1 was from a Spec. op hunt. The other 4 have come from a regular old quota hunt areas. If you ask me many quota hunts are better than the majority of leases in this state due to the lack of hunting days allowed. A lot of the guys paying the big jack for these places just have to much money burning a hole in there pocket, and probably do not have the skill to play the WMA game, or leases the up here in north central where there are far more members per acre. They just want to increase there odds by buying the poor hunter out, or pricing them out of these leases.
Oh yeah you are coming along nicely on those south Florida WMAs. I have never been down there for a deer hunt. Driving around spotting, and stalking is just not my thing. I am a swamp hunter by heart, and like a little cool weather when I am in the woods. Plus as far as the lease goes I get my bucks every year, and at 8k I just saved $7973.50 thats alot of beer, bourbon, and bushel of oysters for the grill.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:07 pm

JBUG308 wrote:It kind of shocks me as well, but its their money.......usually those high dollar leases also include a cabin/house, barn, satellite tv, power/water, maybe a buggy, etc, etc...

Not sure about S Florida but one of the guys at my new office is a President of a hunting/club lease on one of the Mormon tracts. Its like a small city down there and they are taking some large deer off the place but it is $8k/year. They like the convenience of being 30 minutes away, all the lease work is contracted out and they make more than enough to pay for the privilege.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

How?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 pm

That is worth it to me. If those are the circumstances.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:16 pm

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:
JBUG308 wrote:It kind of shocks me as well, but its their money.......usually those high dollar leases also include a cabin/house, barn, satellite tv, power/water, maybe a buggy, etc, etc...

Not sure about S Florida but one of the guys at my new office is a President of a hunting/club lease on one of the Mormon tracts. Its like a small city down there and they are taking some large deer off the place but it is $8k/year. They like the convenience of being 30 minutes away, all the lease work is contracted out and they make more than enough to pay for the privilege.
The portion of the mormon lease I was invited to join back in 2007 was exactly like that, around $8K a year but you had to buy out the last guys cabin/trailer/house on the property and it had about another $3-4K a year in upkeep expenses, seed, fertilizer, stand maintenance, etc. You could literally live there year around it was so nice. I was out there 3-4 times. It's nice but damm, $1K a month.... I have a friend on there and he paid $5K for the trailer/cabin w/porch from the guy he was replacing and then dropped another $3K fixing it back up before he paid his first $12K a year. All high platform enclosed shooting houses over foodplots and feeders. Some huge deer.

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”