How?

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Re: How?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:
JBUG308 wrote:It kind of shocks me as well, but its their money.......usually those high dollar leases also include a cabin/house, barn, satellite tv, power/water, maybe a buggy, etc, etc...

Not sure about S Florida but one of the guys at my new office is a President of a hunting/club lease on one of the Mormon tracts. Its like a small city down there and they are taking some large deer off the place but it is $8k/year. They like the convenience of being 30 minutes away, all the lease work is contracted out and they make more than enough to pay for the privilege.
Not my cup of tea. I enjoy the sweat and fruits of my labor. Just need a young whipper snapper to help
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Re: Re: How?

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:
Triple Creek Reaper wrote:
JBUG308 wrote:It kind of shocks me as well, but its their money.......usually those high dollar leases also include a cabin/house, barn, satellite tv, power/water, maybe a buggy, etc, etc...

Not sure about S Florida but one of the guys at my new office is a President of a hunting/club lease on one of the Mormon tracts. Its like a small city down there and they are taking some large deer off the place but it is $8k/year. They like the convenience of being 30 minutes away, all the lease work is contracted out and they make more than enough to pay for the privilege.
Not my cup of tea. I enjoy the sweat and fruits of my labor. Just need a young whipper snapper to help
I am right there with ya. Hunt camp is about the only place I get an opportunity to work with my hands anymore. Being tied to a desk 5 days a week, I look forward to the drive up to camp and working on the place ourselves.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: How?

Post by treefarmer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Reading this part of our forum has stirred up a few old memories I would like to share. Our 1st child was delivered by a doctor who was on one of the Mormon leases. He was paying around $5000 back in 1973. Contrast that with the lease I was on, only 5 miles from the house on the east side of Orlando, for $300. But it sure wasn't the Mormon ranch! Used to ride the Nova Road and Hiway 192 just to see the herds of deer in the late afternoon. Finally found out why there were buckets of paint spilled on the road ever so often! Also found out why some of our "friends" had kill switches on their brake light circuits and had red lenses on their truck's hand-held lights. Also knew of a "bounty" that was placed on a young man who was a professional meat hunter back in the day. That's a whole 'nother story. Would love to have hunted one of those units but it was and still is way out of my league. But to the folks that are able to hunt there "more power to you". All goes back to why some of us drive Fords or Chevvys and other drive Linclons or Cadillacs.
Treefarmer

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:53 pm

I've cut back the last couple years to about 10 trips to my lease a year but also hit some wma's in Florida to make up for it. I spend somewhere between $350 and $400 in fuel each trip to the lease. Add about $40 in tolls each trip. Add in $300 for a Ga. hunting license. Add in another $1200 per year for the lease payment. Another $200 for the camp payment. Now add 17-18 hrs drive time at 80 mph each trip. How much is that time worth? I've long contemplated getting on a lease down south but my buddies can't spend that kind of money otherwise I'd have done it a long time ago. The money some people spend on a lease is all relative to their income and desire to be close to home. $8000 to them could be the same as $1000 to someone else. I can completely understand spending $8000 per year and wish my buddies could spend that much. Now that I've read this I'm getting depressed. :censored

doghunter
Star Scout

Post by doghunter » Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 am

I could not nor would I pay that much for a lease.Although I would pay 1-2k on leases and burn 3k on gas and dogs to possiblt kill a few scrap rack bucks. Rational, huh..
Team 'Tree Top Assassins'

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

How?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 am

Its alot definitly but do the numbers. Lease, gas, feederd, camp, camper, corn, and ill say it again GAS!! Lol

I heard that for that price you get a cabin, foodplots done, stands, corn, ect.

Shoot sometimes i gotta drive 3 hours to change batteries or fill feeders. Id like to pay someone whos local to do it for me!

I think its all the same price but normal people like us have it spread out through the year. Them people pay it all up front.

Sent From Cr0ck1' IPhone most likely from the woods.

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Ugh, I just ran the numbers on what I spend on dog food every year....~$2500

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 pm

keep in mind, alot of these S Fla guys in these high dollar leases drive 2-3 hours also to get there. I know many of them that live in Miami, then head North for 2 hours
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm

I would have to drive 2 hrs minimum. It takes me almost 1 1/2 hrs just to get to BC from my house. 110 miles. It's 2hrs to dinner island or Corbett or Dupuis. As much as I drive now that is a pleasure. Hell, I drive 2 hrs now just to scout birds for a couple hrs and head to work. And if the lease was only 2 hrs away I could work a 1/2 day on Friday and hunt the weekend instead of going up every other Thursday and missing 2 days of work each trip. That alone probably costs me a whole lot more lost business than a S Fl lease costs every year. I'm sure I'd end up hunting every weekend if it was only a couple hrs away and probably a lot of weekday hunts. Now don't get me wrong, I choose to hunt 2 1/2 hrs into Ga instead of a N Fl lease. It only makes sense for me to do it but anyone who knows me will tell ya I ain't got no good sense.

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Thu May 02, 2013 8:37 pm

DONY1 wrote:I would have to drive 2 hrs minimum. It takes me almost 1 1/2 hrs just to get to BC from my house. 110 miles. It's 2hrs to dinner island or Corbett or Dupuis. As much as I drive now that is a pleasure. Hell, I drive 2 hrs now just to scout birds for a couple hrs and head to work. And if the lease was only 2 hrs away I could work a 1/2 day on Friday and hunt the weekend instead of going up every other Thursday and missing 2 days of work each trip. That alone probably costs me a whole lot more lost business than a S Fl lease costs every year. I'm sure I'd end up hunting every weekend if it was only a couple hrs away and probably a lot of weekday hunts. Now don't get me wrong, I choose to hunt 2 1/2 hrs into Ga instead of a N Fl lease. It only makes sense for me to do it but anyone who knows me will tell ya I ain't got no good sense.
Have you wraked a volvo lately :lol: :lol: :innocent
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

DONY1

Post by DONY1 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 pm

No but been tearing up the vulva's. lol

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 pm

DONY1 wrote:No but been tearing up the vulva's. lol

:clown that post won't be here long lololol :cheers

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:37 pm

:oops lolol, I can't believe this is still up

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Fri May 03, 2013 8:39 pm

That's what she said!

***** yeah, I'm using my phone, big deal *****
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Sat May 04, 2013 8:24 am

down4dacount wrote:I don't know how they do it either . But if I had the money I would be in like flies on chit on those leases . Citislicker the leases down here ain't poor believe me . Lot's of 120 and 130 inch bucks on them . But you ain't gonna see them pics on forums . I can't complain with my WMA stat's and nowhere 8-10K a year to hunt .

Yep I hunt the border of one Some nice deer come across the fence and seen some real nice ones that know better. Now there also restricted to 3 deer were I averaged 4 over the last 10 years.
I think we have more fun. No fish in a barrel for us.

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”