Like Finding The Holy Grail

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Like Finding The Holy Grail

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Well at long last I have finally did it. Ever since I had to give up buying my hunting land in Macon County GA I have been on the lookout for a piece of land in Florida to lease. It has been 4 years of searching high and low, getting turned away by land owners, fighting with adjacent owners over access and alot of starts and stops. We have leased timber in GA the last couple of years and that was ok but the 3 hour drive each way was getting old and the old lady wasn't fond of me disappearing for 4 days at a time over every weekend in November.

I just signed the leases and checks to take over 1,000 acres of private owned land in Flagler County. It has a nice mix of timber, oaks, cypress heads and swamps. The timber is +/- 20 years old and just recently 3rd row cut. We have power and fresh water onsite and a creek that's full of bass and gators. The best part, its 45 minutes from the front door of my house.

My crew is pretty excited and can't wait to get started on this season. I feel damn lucky on this one mostly because the owners didn't make us pay through the nose to get it. We actually saved money per hunter moving down from GA because of the ease in picking up additional members.

FWIW, I had to get my own hunters insurance policy on this one. The rate was $0.15/acre + $25 for each landowner. Got it through Davis Garvin out of S Carolina, best rates out there.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Re: Like Finding The Holy Grail

Post by nachogrande » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:52 pm

congrats. that much closer to home I'm sure you will use it that much more. the fuel/driving time savings alone must be a big plus. enjoy.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Congrats! That's nice!
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

redneck75
scout

Post by redneck75 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:59 am

Gotta love having the lease close to the house. I was lucky enough to get in on a lease less than a mile from my front door...can't beat it!

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:01 pm

awesome deal
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Guess I'm chopped liver.

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:37 pm

M12Gunboy wrote:Guess I'm chopped liver.
Easy now, I have guest privileges....lets talk next week
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 pm

OK. Thanks.

ShotshellRebel83
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Re: Re: Like Finding The Holy Grail

Post by ShotshellRebel83 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:Well at long last I have finally did it. Ever since I had to give up buying my hunting land in Macon County GA I have been on the lookout for a piece of land in Florida to lease. It has been 4 years of searching high and low, getting turned away by land owners, fighting with adjacent owners over access and alot of starts and stops. We have leased timber in GA the last couple of years and that was ok but the 3 hour drive each way was getting old and the old lady wasn't fond of me disappearing for 4 days at a time over every weekend in November.

I just signed the leases and checks to take over 1,000 acres of private owned land in Flagler County. It has a nice mix of timber, oaks, cypress heads and swamps. The timber is +/- 20 years old and just recently 3rd row cut. We have power and fresh water onsite and a creek that's full of bass and gators. The best part, its 45 minutes from the front door of my house.

My crew is pretty excited and can't wait to get started on this season. I feel damn lucky on this one mostly because the owners didn't make us pay through the nose to get it. We actually saved money per hunter moving down from GA because of the ease in picking up additional members.

FWIW, I had to get my own hunters insurance policy on this one. The rate was $0.15/acre + $25 for each landowner. Got it through Davis Garvin out of S Carolina, best rates out there.
Hey Triple Creek, I just read the above post and was curious as to how one would approach a private land owner on the opportunity of running a hunting lease in their land. It something I want to know as it may be worth exploring in the near future. Let me know if you guys ever get any openings on the above lease... Thank you

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:05 pm

CONGRAT'S, good things to good people. Don't forget the tonic makes a great negotiating tool. A busy spring/summer ahead for scouting, feeders, camera's, stand building, food plots. Hope you boys will play nice together & you enjoy the time sitting in a tree vs your truck. Post lot's of pic's.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”