Need on a hunting lease around Jacksonville!

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Tundra10
scout

Need on a hunting lease around Jacksonville!

Post by Tundra10 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm

I know it's a little late to be posting this, but maybe there are some clubs out there that aren't full! I live in Jacksonville by way of N GA in May and didn't realize til it was too late that the WMA's in Florida aren't open to public except for quota hunts! I love deer hunting, turkey hunt some too. I am a Christian man. I will respect all laws and club rules. I would need to be within an hour of Jacksonville if at all possible. If anyone knows of any openings on your lease or your pal's, please let me know! Thanks a bunch.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Need on a hunting lease around Jacksonville!

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Generally...the first 9 days are reserved for quota hunts. After that public access. There are some like Apalachicola that has NO first 9 day hunts. ( I read your post to say no quota permit....no hunt)

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Lots of non-quota hunting on local wma's.

Check out Osceola and Camp Blanding for starters.

Also, Altamaha in GA is real close to Jax if you are on the North side.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

ArcheoGator
scout

Post by ArcheoGator » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Yeah, there are a lot of non-quota hunts and I am counting on it this year. Just look at the brochures at myFWC for areas near you. They will tell you exactly what you need per species per date range.

Tundra10
scout

Post by Tundra10 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Ok thanks everybody. I must be reading these things wrong. So there is hunting allowed on most WMA's after the quota hunts?
Also, I saw Camp Blanding and Osceola, and where I haven't heard anything about Blanding all I've heard about Osceola is that there are more hunters than deer...
Looking forward to trying out Florida, and while public land hunting can be great, I'd still rather be on a lease... Just personal preference.

Any ideas are still welcome! And thanks again!

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 am

Check out Boones Creek Hunt club - its in Charleton County (?) GA. They seem to always be looking for members - it looks like a pretty big lease. Search Craigslist as well.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:13 am

I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

milkman
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by milkman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:58 pm

JBUG308 wrote:Check out Boones Creek Hunt club - its in Charleton County (?) GA. They seem to always be looking for members - it looks like a pretty big lease. Search Craigslist as well.
I went and looked at this club a few years ago and loved the property. The only reason I didn't join was money problems. The guy who ran it is very nice and helpfull. It's a very big lease and everywhere we went we saw sign. I'm thinking about joining for turkey only next year. It's about 40 minutes from jax.
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them." Denny Gulvas

Tundra10
scout

Post by Tundra10 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

milkman wrote:
JBUG308 wrote:Check out Boones Creek Hunt club - its in Charleton County (?) GA. They seem to always be looking for members - it looks like a pretty big lease. Search Craigslist as well.
I went and looked at this club a few years ago and loved the property. The only reason I didn't join was money problems. The guy who ran it is very nice and helpfull. It's a very big lease and everywhere we went we saw sign. I'm thinking about joining for turkey only next year. It's about 40 minutes from jax.
Any idea what the cost is for this one?

eaj1010
scout

Post by eaj1010 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:58 pm

I don't want to spread rumors and I can't promise this to be true, but I heard that place is in trouble. Can't get members and is losing property. This is hear say from a current member of that club. Just do the research yourself and don't take my word for it.

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”