gaining access

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

gl
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

gaining access

Post by gl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 pm

this afternoon i was bouncing around from pond to pond catching bass and i found a little patch of woods. the woods are in the new tampa area kind of right on the outskirts of development next to some businesses. all the area around the business is rooted up and there are tracks all around the pond in that area. has anybody ever gone about getting permission to hunt these types of areas and if so how should i try to get permission?

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm

If it's in a development you need to find out who is in charge of the home owners association. That's the way I got access to hunt some private land. Just make sure you get it in writing. Good luck

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm

If its a developement.. Its not going to happen.. everyone owns a little piece.. and the pond is probably a retention pond owned by the city.. good luck...

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:54 pm

If it is in New Tampa, I bet it is owned by the city of Tampa. They will laugh at you if you ask permission to hunt
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:59 pm

There used to be a hunting club in Tampa Palms. It was archery only. It was at the end of Yardley Wy where the park is now and there was another piece on the other side of Bruce b Downs. I went as a guest once and man you cannot fathom the amount of game in there. There are 150" deer dying of old age in there
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:15 pm

those deer are "OG"

hooksetz
scout

Post by hooksetz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:19 pm

It's alot easier than you guys think. If you go in and meet one homeowner with damage to his lawn, theres a good chance they'll let you try to get rid of them. For years that's all I did in the offseason, really easy if you apply yourself. Once one lets you in more will come, but don't stop with the first grumpy old fart who doesn't acknowledge you, be persistant and remember, all you need is one homeowners permission to gain access, I hunted Fishhawk up until last year, and killed hundreds of pigs (a few nice deer too), And right next to where I was going in at, the dudes neighbor was paying for his hog removal service.

gl
scout

Post by gl » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:44 pm

the property is not in a housing development it is next to some businesses ,there are no homes around it. aside from going into the businesses and asking if they know the land owner is there any way to find out who owns pieces of property?

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:43 am

tax collectors office.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:47 am

plat books work well too!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:21 am

down here i can go online to the county website and by address can get an aerial view of the area and just highlight the property to see the owners info and contact data. Get an address of a close business and start from there. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:45 pm

Thats the good thing about plat maps you get all sorts of info on them!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”