Georgia hunt club openings

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Georgia hunt club openings

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:26 pm

looking for 2 (maybe 4) new members. The economy has hit a couple of our members pretty hard and therefore they will not be able to renew for the upcoming season.
Stewart county (Lumpkin, Ga)
576 acres
8 members total
$700 year
primitive camp
Deer & turkey (had one hog show up on a game camera)
We limit the harvest to 2 bucks & 3 does

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: Georgia hunt club openings

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Stewart County Hunt Club
Stewart County / Lumpkin, GA
FIRST AND FOREMOST, SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT!
All Georgia game laws MUST be followed at all times.
1) Hunt Club Membership runs from June 1st 2012 to May 31st 2013
2) Dues are $700.00 per Hunt member.
3) 8 Hunt members maximum.
4) Deposit of $350.00 to be paid on or before April 1st, 2012
5) After April 1st, 2012 any remaining spots without a deposit will be on a first come and Club President Approval basis to be filled A.S.A.P.
6) Deposits are non refundable unless approved by the club president.
7) Balance due, paid on or prior to, May 1st, 2012, any memberships not paid in full by May 1st, 2012 will be filled by the club president A.S.A.P and the members deposit will be forfeited and go in to the club general fund for club expenses. NO EXCEPTIONS
8) No one shall be permitted to hunt until dues are paid in full and a signed copy of these rules are in the possession of the club president. NO EXCEPTIONS
9) No one shall be permitted to hunt until the Hold Harmless Agreement is
signed and returned to the club president/licensor. NO EXCEPTIONS.
10) This lease, membership and rules are PER GUN/BOW (Host Member).
If you want your children, spouse or “Significant Other”, to hunt with you, then only one you can be the hunter (1 gun/bow) and you must accompany them at all times! No splitting up to cover more areas.
11) No Spouse, child or significant other shall hunt on their own unless they are a paid member.
12) Any and all deer killed by a Spouse, Child or “Significant Other” counts against the host member’s allotment of 2 Bucks & 3 Does.
DEER: Georgia rules apply: One of the two antlered deer must have a minimum of 4 points, 1 inch or longer, on one side of the antlers and the other buck is at your discretion
13) NO Guest hunters without prior approval of the club President AND any members hunting the lease at the time of a guest being present. Again, COMMUNICATION IS ESSENTIAL.
16) Members are allowed two guest hunter visits anytime during the fall/winter hunting season not previously excluded. Only one guest hunter per host member per visit.
17) 3 Doe limit per member until we get an idea of the deer heard. This will be looked at based on deer sightings by members and adjusted accordingly as a group decision.
18) All deer must be logged in the camp records book. (see the club president for location of the book)
19) No small game hunting during deer season.
20) No joy riding on the property.
21) ATV's are restricted to existing roads unless retrieving downed game. Do not ruin some ones hunt to retrieve your deer. If you are hunting near another hunter, wait until that person is done hunting and you have established communication before going in after your deer (Safety First!)
22) Stand sites/areas will be on a first come first serve basis, but PLEASE, Respect another person’s attempt of hunting a particular buck/area. If you know someone has put in their time and effort to pattern a buck in a specific area, think twice before hunting or scouting that area just because you are there and they may not be. Communication is the key.
23) No one shall hunt another person’s stand without that persons permission. If you didn't build it, buy it, or put it where it is.. Chances are good, it's not yours.
24) Turkey season is as per Georgia game laws (3 turkey maximum).
25) Feral Hogs can be hunted year round except the 4 weeks prior to archery season. This gives the woods a 4 week cooling off period prior to opening morning.
26) You can also kill Feral Hogs while turkey hunting but, No one is to be out there specifically hunting hogs during turkey season unless everyone present agrees.
27) NO HUNTING HOGS WITH DOGS
28) No cutting of live trees or altering of roads, rivers, creeks etc...
29) Food plots are to be approved by the club president prior to any plot preparation
30) All food plots are for club use. The club will not provide feed for any feeders. Members may purchase their own feed for feeders but be reminded that all areas are subject to use by other members. Communication and respect are key.

31) No pets allowed during hunting season

32) A location/information board with emergency contact info will be provided by the club.
33) All trash is to be removed from the property with every visit to the property. If you brought it with you, take it home with you.
34) Each Hunt Member will be issued a key/code for any locks at gates for access, DO NOT make copies for anyone other than yourself! PLEASE lock gates when leaving hunt lease.
34) Club president shall have final authority on all club matters.

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Looking for ONE more... maybe 2 if it's a buddy kind of thing

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 pm

ttt

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

Still looking.. this economy has really put a hurting on finding members.. if any of you know anyone.. please let them know about me.. thank you

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am

We picked up 2 new members from S Fl and still need one more... could do 2 as I just got an option on an attached 50 acres with one heck of a big open hardwoods bottom... got to hunt it opening weekend of turkey and had 11 gobblers working... one died :toast

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

try again..

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:06 pm

and yet again

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:31 am

I can take 1 or 2 or 3 members.. or heck.. even 4
If we get 1 new member we stay the same on acreage
If we get 2 new members we add the adjoining 50 acres
If we get 3 new members than that we can get the additional 165 acres just down the road
If we get 4 new members we can get the 50 and the 165

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 am

I know it's a long shot on this forum but,,,

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:40 am

Throw up some pics of what was taken off the property. Sell it baby, sell it!

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 am

JBUG308 wrote:Throw up some pics of what was taken off the property. Sell it baby, sell it!
Last year was the first year we had the place.. it sat unleased the year before that.. I killed a wide 8pt and I was really the only one who put any effort in to hunting the place.. out of the 8 members only 4 ever showed up and I was one of the 4.. John & Larry both killed smaller 8pts.. Steve, John, Larry and myself all killed a few does each... we have some trail cam pics of good bucks but no one to hunt them like they need to be hunted.
Thsi one would have been a good one except the broken left beem

This is the wide 8 I killed

Here he is on the trail cam

one of the does i killed

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by houseofmicah » Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

nice buck

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue May 01, 2012 9:53 pm

houseofmicah wrote:nice buck
We have pics of much better bucks.. we just need people who can / will hunt them

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by houseofmicah » Wed May 02, 2012 9:35 am

i have my 3rd kid coming this year, doubt i will be doing much deer hunting this season. sounds like a good price for the lease. hopefully you will fill the spots in time.

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”