looking for a lease

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

looking for a lease

Post by TerribleTed » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Well going thru the forest companies and nothing seams open in Florida looking for central to north not west. If any body else is looking i have so far at least two whom are eligible. I tell you straight up i not a trophy hunter i like hogs lots of hogs. I am open to antler restrictions but not something like a 1000 acres surrounded by dog clubs (last lease i was on) . If your looking for a lease post here let me know if i find something i will post it.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Re: looking for a lease

Post by TerribleTed » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Dam 21 looks and no replies

I feel so alone.

well if i don't find anything oh well i Guess i be back to the public land grind. Its not bad 4-5 deer and 4-5 hogs a year. Lot of fun tho.

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 pm

I'd love to get into a lease. But I just ain't got no $$$$$$.
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:07 am

I post every year...Buck and Boar. Look in old threads. The guys in woods and water give him a call.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:26 am

TerribleTed wrote:Well going thru the forest companies and nothing seams open in Florida looking for central to north not west. If any body else is looking i have so far at least two whom are eligible. I tell you straight up i not a trophy hunter i like hogs lots of hogs. I am open to antler restrictions but not something like a 1000 acres surrounded by dog clubs (last lease i was on) . If your looking for a lease post here let me know if i find something i will post it.
If you can wait until after June 1st i'm sure there will be lots of leases available... most timber company leases run from June 1st to May 31st so they dont know whats available until then

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Gonna be inquiring this weekend about the lease I was in year before last. That was the best lease I was ever part of
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I have a couple openings in my GA lease if you might be interested

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

I'd go to GA in a heartbeat if this commie didn't have gas at $4. I've had to pass on quality leases at GREAT prices all due to gas costs
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:I'd go to GA in a heartbeat if this commie didn't have gas at $4. I've had to pass on quality leases at GREAT prices all due to gas costs
I hear ya... thats why we do our best to car pool

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Based on gas prices, I am limiting my search to +/- 3 hours myself. Its a damn shame.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

deutze
Second Class Scout

Post by deutze » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:27 pm

there may not be a ton of game there but I can hit 3-4 diff wma's and my private land in under 30 minutes. limited by time and $ in my case, but it's ok, fresh air is free.

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:29 pm

deutze wrote:there may not be a ton of game there but I can hit 3-4 diff wma's and my private land in under 30 minutes. limited by time and $ in my case, but it's ok, fresh air is free.
you ever kill anything????

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

I not sure witch WMA hes hunting but i do. This year 5 deer 3 bucks two does and put 3 hogs and 2 gators in deed freeze.

I to would like to stay within 3 hours of Orlando. One reason for a lease is so my wife can hunt. She cant walk to great any more.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Just 1 More wrote:
deutze wrote:there may not be a ton of game there but I can hit 3-4 diff wma's and my private land in under 30 minutes. limited by time and $ in my case, but it's ok, fresh air is free.
you ever kill anything????
He's a Turkey and Dove killing machine! I can attest to that. I can also attest that he didn't have to spend a single $ for free hunting access. Gotta love that, the way it's suppose to be!

deutze
Second Class Scout

Post by deutze » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 pm

I've killed some game in my time but don't feel the need to list or keep score what I've killed like some running tally on every post like some others.at my age I got nothing to prove to anyone but myself. definitely killed a lot more up north and am still learning southern ways. I've found learning the land like the back of your hand is 95% of it. once that is done the bodies will pile up. how many animals you killed don't mean squat to me, it's more how you killed them, a good patient well placed neck shot scores a lot more points for me than 20 animals killed in a spray and pray fashion. I enjoy the time spent outdoors just as much, maybe more when I come home empty handed. it doesn't bother me, don't let it bother you.

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”