South Bay hunt club?

Is your Lease looking for Members? Or are you Looking for a GOOD lease? If so and you have a good lease, Post your openings here to see if any members are looking for a lease or want to join!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

South Bay hunt club?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Anyone know anything good or bad about them? I know it is one of them where you get your own 100-120acre piece to do what you want with it. I see proc/cons to this method. Set up right in a travel route you could stack up some game. They have a 2500 acre piece I am thinking about joining into
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

davedirt
Ordeal

Re: South Bay hunt club?

Post by davedirt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Is that south of 27 there at buckvill? were3 and 27 intersect.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm

I think that is where the bulk of their property is, but I am looking at another piece they have south of there
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:52 pm

A couple guys from my lease went down there a couple years ago and from what he told me it was ok.. I dont think they have taken to many animals. He said he saw a couple hogs they hit or miss and a few does. He also said the bears are there to. Just put up a feeder and they hit it pretty quick. I think when he started leasing it was 10.00 per acer plus Ins.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:11 pm

The piece I am looking at I have hunted before when it was under a different lease. South Bay took over last year. Just don't know if they have any crazy rules or not. I am gonna be calling them tomorrow. Problem is it will be three weeks before I can get back up there now to look at anything

I always like to have inside info from people that have actually hunted under a lease holder. You learn more that way than you do just meeting the president and all

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 am

That's the club next to gorge,they actually got a big piece that was gorge last year north of stump rd,prolly what your talking about. If you don't mind shooting 40-50 hogs off of a feeder pr year and some of the ugliest woods in Fl.More than likely the best spots are taken though but you never know.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 am

That's not either Jeff. 1/2 the lease i was in last year was taken over by them. The North piece of that lease

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 am

The guy that runs s bay does it for a profit. He waits with cash,and picks the land up as soon as other clubs can't. I would hold off from joinig till summer,at least I am gonna wait. I heard a lot of guys dropped out of our club and gorge. Things may change yet.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:48 am

I want a place like I used to have where I can set up a feeder and shoot hogs from a 2 man stand or a blind.. A lease fee is worth it to me just to do that. Sucks I didn't have a place worth a flip this season to comfortably take my kid. I don't even care so much about the deer as I do hogs. I can get serious about deer on public land and play the quota game..and be successful at it

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:17 pm

That should be the place for you Allen,I didn't realize they got that land as well. 20-30 hogs in their off of a feeder should be no problem,they kill a few nice bucks as well.I have a few good friends that hunt in their, what are they getting these days?

doghunter
Star Scout

Post by doghunter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Iluv2hunt wrote:That's not either Jeff. 1/2 the lease i was in last year was taken over by them. The North piece of that lease

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
That dog lease you were in I presume?
Team 'Tree Top Assassins'

jefffoe
scout

Post by jefffoe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Saw this post while reading posts on hunting clubs and leases. Be verrrry careful getting involved with these folks at South Bay. They have a dove hunting club that I got into this year that was a flop. They had 1 good shoot and 1 so so that some of the field had birds flying in it. Rest of the season they shot the same field every week . I believe they shot that field 8-9 times ( or attempted to shoot it ) and never had any birds after the first 2 times they shot. The owner of the club says he has multiple fields to hunt in but that never happened, and he gets very pissed off real quick if you ask any questions about the lack of birds,different fields,etc. Ended up getting a partial refund from him and a nasty letter to go with it but would rather have had birds to shoot. Not sure how he runs his deer hunting operation but I'd be real cautious before dealing with these folks. Not what you call nice at all.....
I've surely spent more and got less for it

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:01 am

The timber company made a pasture out of the hwy 51 piece. I bet the people that leased it are pissed. Funny thing is those pines were not that big either

Return to “Hunt Lease Openings”