Hunting club not to join - Big Buck Hunt Club

Don't get stuck in a lease thats ran poorly, Treats their members bad, Or is a FOR PROFIT MONEY MAKER lease! Check here first and check the BEWARE list!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

metredwards
scout

Hunting club not to join - Big Buck Hunt Club

Post by metredwards » Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 am

Lets just say Big Buck hunt clun in Madison county, is not the place to go for a pleasent hunting experiance.
Lease holder and freinds hunt anywhere they want when your not their to watch them. No personal property is safe ( cameas, stands, and a feeder stolen). And then the dont undersatnd why you would be upset.
Stay away stay far away

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Hunting club not to join

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 am

wow. that sucks..

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon May 17, 2010 12:35 pm

I think pretty much every lease has that to some degree. Some worse than others, but it happens. We had personal stands in my last lease and the one local member we had would hunt our stands. We never could catch him though. Funny I had a missing SD card one time, and several times my cameras would have a lack of pictures for certain periods of time. Oh well. I sleep well at night with a clear conscience.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Mon May 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Been there and done that. 1 of the things I liked about my new lease is that only 1 guy is close by. 1/2 of them are from the Tampa area and the other 1/2 are from S. Fl. I was on 1 outside of Valdosta a few years back and had about 6 guys that didn't work during season and would hunt everyday wherever they wanted. The deer were completely nocturnal. Good luck on finding another 1.

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Had this happen to me in my lease a few years back in Caryville. I was one of 3 non-local members, and we had a similar problem. 6pt or better rule, but the guys who ran the club were local and they allowed their kids to shoot anything. Even claimed they were shooting "cull" bucks to "get them out of the herd". No wonder my old man and I only saw 2 bucks the whole season.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon May 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Wait till you get on a lease with 3 old retirees who have 0 respect for bag limits and stay for weeks at a time. The 3 old farts in Ga killed at least 5 bucks each and hunted every food plot till it was shot up. Then they bitched if a kid killed a small doe or button buck.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm

Skunk Ape wrote:Wait till you get on a lease with 3 old retirees who have 0 respect for bag limits and stay for weeks at a time. The 3 old farts in Ga killed at least 5 bucks each and hunted every food plot till it was shot up. Then they bitched if a kid killed a small doe or button buck.
ill stop doing that jeff.. sory. lol..

TC_Tom
scout

Post by TC_Tom » Wed May 19, 2010 7:53 am

metredwards wrote:Lets just say Big Buck hunt clun in Madison county, is not the place to go for a pleasent hunting experiance.
Lease holder and freinds hunt anywhere they want when your not their to watch them. No personal property is safe ( cameas, stands, and a feeder stolen). And then the dont undersatnd why you would be upset.
Stay away stay far away
Is the Name Big Buck Club or Big buck Boar club
Lease Holder and standing Friends/ Members are the Gifted ones Correct

Return to “** BEWARE ** Leases to STAY AWAY FROM!!”