Phase 3 permits

All the info you need on FWC with links!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: Phase 3 permits

Post by Kortsman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Sounds like you're mad cause you didn't fully read the rules and want to blame FWC. Don't forfeit the permit and become one of those people that waste permits. Send it back so someone else can use it.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:43 am

I can find no were in any information that when you aplie phase 3 from that day you have only 5 day to print that permit. If you can find the actuall rule please show me.

If i not going to use it, i not paying 2 bucks each to send it back. It a phase 3 permit there is probably still permits left for the area.

Yes i am pissed they change the way they do thing every year. It an electronic permit are they that piss pore with our tech capability.
Last edited by TerribleTed on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 am

TerribleTed wrote:Why is it any different than the normal permits.
The reason it is different is becuase you can litterally pick up a permit the day before a hunt (like I did last year). Let me know how FWC is going to get you a permit in a day.

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:01 am

TerribleTed wrote:I can find no were in any information that when you aplie phase 3 from that day you have only 5 day to print that permit. If you can find the actuall rule please show me.
Applies to almost all quota permits permits, don't expect it to say Phase 1 or Phase 2 or Phase 3:
http://myfwc.com/license/limited-entry- ... ur-permit/

"Q. I lost my self-printed permit, I didn't save the PDF file, and it has been over 5 days so the PDF is no longer saved to my customer account. How can I get a copy of my permit?

A. No problem. You can still get a replacement permit at any license agent or tax collector office for a small fee (about $2.50).
Follow my hunting adventures with Twitter: @lolo_hunter

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:57 am

not my question.

My question is were does it say anything about phase 3 that when you apply you only have 5 days after to print your permit.

I see and completely understand the part if i go down load or open the PDF, i then have a limited time but this i have never done. Phase 3 permits are the only permit you have to print with in 5 days of applying for. I like for some one to show this to me any were on any part of the FWC page.

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:00 pm

TerribleTed wrote:not my question.

My question is were does it say anything about phase 3 that when you apply you only have 5 days after to print your permit.

I see and completely understand the part if i go down load or open the PDF, i then have a limited time but this i have never done. Phase 3 permits are the only permit you have to print with in 5 days of applying for. I like for some one to show this to me any were on any part of the FWC page.

All permits, no matter the phase, once downloaded (opened from the licensing system) disappear after 5 days of “opening the file” not after “applying for the permit”, two different things. The 5 day apply for all phases, not only phase 3, therefore you are not finding, no one will find, the specific 5 day limit for phase 3. I know that last year they had a communication about this, and probably if you search the system you’ll find it.

My experience from previous years as well as this year, during Phase III, they will either mail to you (I got one last week that I didn’t download), or you pick online. I’ve taken both options before, but as far as I know you can’t have both. In other words, if you got a quota during phase 3 and went online and opened the PDF, it automatically stay in the system for 5 days. Is like you telling FWC “don’t send it to me, I already got it, save your stamp, envelop and printing paper”. If you didn’t download, like I do sometimes, it is mailed to you. But again, I don’t think they do it twice as it will make no sense.

Confusing, yes, unnecessary, probably, are they the smartest people on earth?, who knows…

Now, I’m no expert, so probably someone else can pitch in.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Sounds like Ted's gonna be pissed no matter what.
Suck it up and pay the replacement fee or don't go at all. As I always say, "It's one less person in the woods for me to worry about!"

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 pm

That guy's wound up tight isn't he? LoL!

Mr. Lolo
Second Class Scout

Post by Mr. Lolo » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:55 pm

I see Ted’s point, don’t get me wrong. I think it sucks that you have to pay for re-printing a permit. I don’t see the point of a 5 day limit either, other than getting more money from us. What I don’t agree, as I mentioned at the beginning of my postings, is with blame the state, the system, or someone else, for our mistakes, even if done unintentionally. Isn’t that the reason for a lot of our society's problems, blaming someone else… :eek

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Mr. Lolo wrote:I don’t see the point of a 5 day limit either, other than getting more money from us.
It's not like those .pdf files are taking up alot of the space on their server either. You should be able to go back at anytime to download those files IMO.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Triple Creek Reaper wrote:
Mr. Lolo wrote:I don’t see the point of a 5 day limit either, other than getting more money from us.
It's not like those .pdf files are taking up alot of the space on their server either. You should be able to go back at anytime to download those files IMO.
Actually they are 578 KB, so they ARE somewhat large. Never-the-less storage is cheap as heck these days. If they are using storage size as an excuse they should be ashamed.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Mr. Lolo wrote:
TerribleTed wrote:not my question.

All permits, no matter the phase, once downloaded (opened from the licensing system) disappear after 5 days of “opening the file” not after “applying for the permit”, two different things. The 5 day apply for all phases, not only phase 3, therefore you are not finding, no one will find, the specific 5 day limit for phase 3. I know that last year they had a communication about this, and probably if you search the system you’ll find it.

My experience from previous years as well as this year, during Phase III, they will either mail to you (I got one last week that I didn’t download), or you pick online. I’ve taken both options before, but as far as I know you can’t have both. In other words, if you got a quota during phase 3 and went online and opened the PDF, it automatically stay in the system for 5 days. Is like you telling FWC “don’t send it to me, I already got it, save your stamp, envelop and printing paper”. If you didn’t download, like I do sometimes, it is mailed to you. But again, I don’t think they do it twice as it will make no sense.

Confusing, yes, unnecessary, probably, are they the smartest people on earth?, who knows…

Now, I’m no expert, so probably someone else can pitch in.

Yes if you went and looked at your permit but for phase 3 ( this is no were in any literature that i can find) it is from when you applied.

you don't have to look at it. Just that from when you apply you have 5 day from then to print it. (if you saved it)

So when you click the send and close you may have just dumped your permit. Its an automatic response. Dosent mater if you recived it or not.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:14 pm

guess you realy need to be a 5th generation Floridian cuz it takes that long to figure all this out. seems the more I learn, the less I know. I had no idea of this 5 day bs. could be a little dimwitted and slow on the uptake, or maybe I just don't want to jump thru all these hoops like a trained monkee. pisses me off too.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:53 pm

it only for phase 3 not phase one or two.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 am

This thread was a reminder for me that I needed to print my quotas. Took me about 2 minutes to print all 3 of mine.
I love the new system. Print them when you want to and don't have to worry about waiting on the mail. Plus I saved them, so God forbid I lose the paper, I can just print it again
:rock_on
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Return to “FWC”