Father in Dream

This is a forum to discuss any BigFoot, SkunkApe or any Weird sightings or info.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

WildHogs4Otto2
scout

Father in Dream

Post by WildHogs4Otto2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Father in Dream

I don’t know if this really fits here or not but I will see.
My Dad has been dead for 20 or so years. I had a dream one night about a month ago. I found myself back at my old home that we were all raised at in Ohio. It was fantastic being there again. Everything was just the same as when I left to enter the Marine Corps. My Dad was one who was always outside working always doing something to the house or in the barn. He was a man of few words but when he said something you took note of what he said. Anyways in my dream I got back to the house from finishing my boot camp. No one was in the house so I decided to go outside and see if I could find my dad and sure enough I found him working on the side of the house. So I started talking to him about anything and everything and he kept on working there and said nothing to me. So I decided that I better go and told him that I was going and he turned to me and looked at me straight in the eyes and said to me that EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT.
I have know idea what he meant by that but it sure did wake me up from that dream. Ever since I have had that dream there isn’t a day go by that I don’t think about it.
Just want to share with you, maybe there have been others that have talked to the parents that have passed…

:jarhead
WildHogs4Otto2

9dawgs

Re: Father in Dream

Post by 9dawgs » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:46 pm

My dad was killed in a car accident when I was 14 years old. He used to take me and my brother fishing and camping just about every weekend even after my parents divorced. One day when we were fishing on the Ochlockonee River I asked him what heaven was all about. He told me that heaven to him would be sitting in his boat on the river catching a lot of fish. After I had been married for a couple of years and had one little one in the house and one on the way, I was stationed in Puerto Rico. I had a dream one night with my dad in it. I was on a bridge looking out over the river and there he was, in his boat catching some fish. He looked up at me and smiled and said "it's all going to be ok" and that "he was doing fine". That's about what your dad said.

That was over 30 years ago. After all these years I've come to the conclusion that God was letting me know that no matter what, things will be ok if I trust in Him. I look at it this way, God loves us so much that when we're going through something, He'll do what it takes to calm your heart and set you back on track. I was struggling at that time with trying to juggle being a husband, father and my career in the US Coast Guard. I hope you found peace in what your dad said to you. I know I did. :>)

Oh, and my dad was right. It all turned out fine. I got a commission and completed my Coast Guard career with 23yrs active service. I also have 7 beautiful children 5 of which are now married and have blessed my wife (of 32 years) and me with 4 awesome grandchildren (plus we have 3 on the way!). God is amazing.

Return to “OFFICIAL BIG FOOT, SKUNK APE & WEIRD SIGHTINGS FORUM”