What's for CHRISTmas dinner?

This is the place to post up your eating! Any Wild Game Recipes you might have or want to share!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Heading to my sisters for Christmas eve for turkey. Then CHRISTmas day..green bean casserole, baked taters, sauteed mushrooms..and I got a nice 4 bone standing rib roast to go on the BGE. Loves me some prime rib!
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Re: What's for CHRISTmas dinner?

Post by M12Gunboy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Green eggs and ham....

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by blackpowderscout » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Roast goose,
Stuffing-Wildrice with Pine nuts and Dates
Yorkshire Pudding for breading
Green Beans and Carrots

A very 18th century Christmas round my house, LOL!!!!!
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm

I have way too many relatives coming from my wife's side of the family to be serving beef..........but I wish..going with the old standby by...ham sent down from relatives in Kansas City...everyone bringing some type of casserole....half tempted to fire up the smoker for some poppers & bacon wrapped venison appetizers.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Going to HardRock Buffet............should be good eats and gamblin. Gota make M inlaw happy.
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 pm

traditional Italian Christmas eve fish dinner, traditional Jewish Christmas dinner, Chinese take out.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:14 pm

nachogrande wrote:traditional Italian Christmas eve fish dinner, traditional Jewish Christmas dinner, Chinese take out.
Wife always does a traditional lasagna. This year she is not for some reason. the family is in a revolt
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:28 pm

serve corned beef and cabbage and really piss em off,lol. and to ALL a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and BON APPETITE.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Prob a plate of stress!

Sent From Cr0ck1' IPhone most likely from the woods.

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:10 pm

I`ll be havin cheerios/chex jumbalaya treats and homemade poptarts and Bob Evans Pecan Pie ! thats just the deserts LOL

then the ususal meats taters and such :rockon :salute3d
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 pm

No telling. Had our family get-together at my sister's place yesterday, with venison chili and sandwiches. One of my BIL brought some smoked mullet dip, and my wife made some egg rolls. I made a batch of rum/bourbon punch that wasn't too bad.

My daughter is over from the east coast, but she may be with her boyfriend's family on Christmas, so on CHRISTmas Day it may just be me and my wife. Might go to Publix or Sweetbay and splurge on a big T-Bone or ribeye, grill it up and wish myself Merry Christmas! Maybe a big baked tater, some grilled veggies, biscuits. Mmmm, yeah. I think I just talked myself into it! Might even let my wife have some! (Some of the steak, too!)
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

bellyacher
First Class Scout

Post by bellyacher » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 pm

thats what we or doing this year. just me,wife and oldest boy USMC. picked up some 1" thick delmonicos already have some tators from Fam. in Tenn. they grow the yukon gold tators,freakin awsome with a side od home grown green beans :chef
Be polite, be professional, BUT have a plan to kill everybody you meet

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Well we normally just graze all day for Christmas but I do normally smoke a turkey breast and my mom bakes a nice ham. This year though I'm also going to put together some venison stew in the crock pot and let everyone just eat off of it all day. Our big meal is usually breakfast for Christmas. I'm mixing up the venison sausage tomorrow morning. We'll also have fresh homemade cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy...etc.

I pray everyone has a blessed Christmas. Don't stress too much, relax and enjoy the Lord :>) Hope everyone gets a chance to make it to a Christmas Eve service tomorrow night. We went to my daughter's church in Tampa tonight to see my granddaughter sing and tomorrow we'll go to mine. What a wonderful time of year.

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 pm

deep fried cajun turkey and 10lb ham covered with brown sugar, pineapple, cherries and raisins. slow basted with honey and butter.

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:36 am

just got back from Christmas eve dinner. think it's gonna take a week to digest. the koehler's gonna take a pounding tomorrow. 4 courses not including appetizers or desserts. beverages: asst beers,wines,booze holiday signature cocktails. appetizers:pickled eggplant, non meat antipasto,roasted red peppers,asst cheeses and olives, escarole pie, Caprice salad. first course: orange salad. second course: chilled blue claw crabs and shrimp cocktail. third course:pasta Ala lubrano with raisins, pine nuts and olives, stuffed shells, linguine with white clam sauce. fourth course:mussels in red sauce,blackened salmon, fried flounder/calamari/shrimp with pepperoncini, stuffed squid,lobster scampi. desserts,espresso,coffee: red velvet cake,cheese cake,tierra mei su, honey roasted almonds, toffee,anissette biscotti, fudge, asst cookies and chocolates. a 5 hour eating marathon with a few intermissions for walking/farting. I'm reading off a freaking menu they need to keep things straight and God forbid mix up a course.

Return to “WILD GAME RECIPES FORUM”