When do the WMA doe permits come out?

Discuss all your Wilderness Management Areas here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: When do the WMA doe permits come out?

Post by born2hunt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:31 pm

relicshunter wrote:Amazing I got one for Jennings GG. Now how do I print it? I says " no reprint" , will it be sent by mail or something?
They are supposed to mail them to you. But no luck for me or the two buddies that have the same permits.

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

trouttouter wrote:It isn't clear to me if they will or won't. All of my Phase I draws were for Citrus and I have three antlerless deer permits in a Draw Pending status, so we'll see.
That's good to see . Its needed a good doe check for years . I didn't apply there for phase one so I wasn't on the list. But a doe tag in there should be a sure thing I ain't been once over the last five or more years that I couldn't have killed a truck load of does.

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Post by CitySlicker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm

I noticed I had 2 antlerless deer drawings pending. Funny thing is I did not draw a 1st phase permit with an antlerless permit available. I think the new vendor has a thing or 2, or 3 screwed up.

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:48 pm

CitySlicker wrote:I noticed I had 2 antlerless deer drawings pending. Funny thing is I did not draw a 1st phase permit with an antlerless permit available. I think the new vendor has a thing or 2, or 3 screwed up.
This year's list isn't posted, they may have added it. But its not unlikely that they screwed up, its been running smoothly and due for a crash

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Post by CitySlicker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:56 pm

On the contrary . They flat out screwed up. The hunts I drew, and applied for do not have antlerless permits. Still they have me entered in 2 drawings.
Which by the way now say unsuccessful. So they must of done the drawing.

CitySlicker
Tenderfoot

Post by CitySlicker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Born2hunt, I understand what you are saying. Still the places I am talking about I know for sure there will be no antlerless permits for them. I talked to the biologist that makes that decision.

born2hunt
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by born2hunt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm

I wondered if mine were mistakes as well when I saw the draw pending. And I could not believe they were giving doe tags for this WMA but mistake or not it sure got my hopes up for nothing . Oh well, Ive never got a permit before so whats another year.

Return to “WMA FORUM”