ticks and chiggers

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Outdoor Wilderness Survival Tips, Stories, and Methods of Survival in the Wilderness.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: ticks and chiggers

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 pm

I wish I had chigger bites over the flea bites I have right now. I got tore up at a house yesterday
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Gator17
scout

Post by Gator17 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:13 am

I've heard of permetrin,but couldn't find it in the stores.Didn't know the product is called permanone.Anyway,I'm using some kind of pantyhose and camisole.Bouth them at bass pro.Advertised as tick,chigger protection.Very thin,fine material,real tree camo,breatheble.Underpants and undershirt,looking like camo pantose and camisole.$30 for both($15 each).I'm good so far,but definitely I'll look for permanone.Thanks for the info guys!

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Gator17 wrote:I've heard of permetrin,but couldn't find it in the stores.Didn't know the product is called permanone.Anyway,I'm using some kind of pantyhose and camisole.Bouth them at bass pro.Advertised as tick,chigger protection.Very thin,fine material,real tree camo,breatheble.Underpants and undershirt,looking like camo pantose and camisole.$30 for both($15 each).I'm good so far,but definitely I'll look for permanone.Thanks for the info guys!
Not sure I would admit to the pantyhose thing on an open forum....surprised Nacho hasn't chimed in yet must twerking still....I think the stuff you bought is called Rhino Skin, one of the guys picked it up at camp and it seems to be working ok.
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

Reaper
scout

Post by Reaper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Reaper
scout

Post by Reaper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:37 pm

trouttouter