GoPro users

This is the FOHAF.COM TV Station! Here you can see all videos and tv shows we have recorded.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

GoPro users

Post by Iluv2hunt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 am

What is the best basic all around video setting? Say for videoing in the woods? I'm not looking to produce blockbuster movies, just quality videos I can edit with not much difficulty, slow down and speed up, etc..Also where it won't eat up my battery life...All the video settings are confusing and I've read till I am cross eyed. I need someone to dummy it down for me
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

heritage14
scout

Re: GoPro users

Post by heritage14 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Me too. I have had one for over a year now to say the editing software is a bear to use would be an understatement.

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Youtube has good videos that will simplify things . I use mine on 1080 , wide . Battery life is all the same . The ticket is to drain and charge battery the day before you are gonna use it . Also a spare battery is a must .
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by X711 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:06 pm

IMHO if I was wanting decent hunting vid from a go pro i'd look into an aftermarket lens to bring the wide-eye down to what a normal camera would be.
then look into the extended battery maybe??
I use my go pro hero 2 for dirtbike and powersports mainly.. I have tried it in the thick woods without luck, treestand without luck but did get ok video when in the wide open areas hunting rabbits.

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Well I've been wanting one....but 90% of the time I'm in low light under the canopy hunting. Sounds like they don't do a good job in that environment??

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by X711 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:22 am

not in original form, the wide lens gathers to much surrounding light and the adjusts it accordingly.. which in turn makes those dark areas where the animal shot will be to dark to see properly.

there is a bunch of aftermarket lens out there though.. the concept is to reduce it to more of a focused picture which will gather the light from just that area (normally darker in the woods) and adjust it accordingly and getting better video and and up closer picture.

with the go pro it's focus actually makes things look farther away, so if you are 30 yards away it will look 40-50 in video without getting an aftermarket lens setup..

i may look into this lens crap also, i wouldn't mind getting mine setup also. maybe i'd use it more then??

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:25 am

Been playing around with the time lapse and video settings the last few days. Just taking short clips, downloading, and practicing editing. Had this thing over a year and finally starting to mess with it a lot more. My other camera is much easier to use
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:43 am

Here's a video of a hog I shot Saturday. You can see how it looks like the hogs are like a mile away. They were only about 40 yards.
I also had the water proof housing on, so it sounds like I am in a fish tank
(Change the setting to 720)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYGPGpvH ... tube_gdata

down4dacount
Second Class Scout

Post by down4dacount » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am

AL I use my GoPro for basicly just filming myself or when I'm walking to get a surrounding view . Anything further than 10 yards looks far . Especially for a kill shot .
Whack Em and Stack Em Pro Staff
ShotKam Prostaff
Full moons make me crazy and I go out and kill deer . Come to think all moon phases do that to me

X711
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by X711 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FdF5Brnp8M

now ya just got to figure out what lens will be the best for what you want to use it for. I'm going to do some research and maybe get a lens coming for mine

Return to “FOHAF.COM OUTDOORS TV CHANNEL.”