Single shot 410 search *update and question*

Discuss firearms and other weapons you have, you want, you've seen or you have other interest in.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Kortsman
Star Scout

Single shot 410 search *update and question*

Post by Kortsman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:18 pm

I found a H&R singleshot 410 and the specs say that it has an 18” bbl. My concern is about felt recoil and my 10y/o. I saw one of those synthetic Rossi’s that have a 22” bbl and I didn’t like it because there was no weight to it. Does the hardwood stock on the H&R help compensate for the short bbl? Or should I look for one with a longer bbl?

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Single shot 410 search *update and question*

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

I had the H&R single shot 410, which I got from a forum member. I sold it a while back because I couldn't get anything to pattern in it. The weight of the gun pretty much nullified any recoil. I have another 410 that was mine as a kid and it's half the weight of the H&R, and it will rattle your teeth. My son would rather shoot my 870 than that thing. I still feel that you will be better off with a 20ga, but that's just my opinion
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Kortsman
Star Scout

Re: Single shot 410 search *update and question*

Post by Kortsman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:14 pm

I have a 20g and had her try to shoulder it. She said it was too heavy! lol... I'd have to cut the stock and I still think the 28" bbl would be heavy for her to carry.

Return to “THE ARMORY”