Shrimping coming to an end

Discuss all your General "Inshore" altwater fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Shrimping coming to an end

Post by fishindad » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:45 am

I have been sidetracked with ALOT of medical issues lately. I was VERY glad to get out last eve. It was not a banner night, but some of it was testing my ability to get out there and endurance. I had made a new push net (its legal - check with the FWC site for specifics) to go with my Ozello shrimper to see how it handled. Funny enough.... I caught WAY more shrimp using my little shrimp trap.

It was a gorgeous night out there. Tide came in too fast though, so we got out of there too soon. Only a few more good opportunities this year left!

Fishindad

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Re: Shrimping coming to an end

Post by FLQuacker » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:30 pm

We're gonna try and go tomorrow afternoon.....fish the last half or so of the drop then try and dip some up. Sarasota bay probably east of Jewish key

Kortsman
Star Scout

Post by Kortsman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:45 am

Heading out there tonight with the family. Going to fish the outgoing tide at one of the passes first and hopefully hook a few snook. Then head to Ft. Desoto to dip some shrimp and do some more fishing as the tide comes in.
I call it "my time of the month!"

FLQuacker
Second Class Scout

Post by FLQuacker » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:41 am

Well we put a lot of fish in the boat....but that late crud off the gulf chased us home before shrimping time

Return to “INTERCOASTAL FISHING FORUM”