Research Outing !

This is a forum to discuss any BigFoot, SkunkApe or any Weird sightings or info.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

cryptoseeker
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

Research Outing !

Post by cryptoseeker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

I will be telling of a few things that I have experienced through out the seventeen years that I have been researching /investigating , One of them is below ........

This takes place in a WMA here in Fl , at the time of this incident I had been researching this area for about six years . It was in March of 06 and the time was around 11:30 pm . I had come in to the site around 5 pm and had done my usual setting up of the chairs and getting my gear ready . This outing I had brought with me a hand full of people ( my boyfriend, oldest son Timothy, his girlfriend Amy, their friend Rick and a long time friend of ours Kenny who WAS a skeptic ) now I had been training Timothy and Rick on how to do research & investigation so when I was no longer able to do this anymore they could .

We were all geared up and we set out on doing a perimeter check , I do this for numerous reasons , One - to check on old activity & new activity ( human & other related ) , Two - to make sure I or we are the only humans in the area , Three - while I go along I will do my tree knocks & vocalizations to encourage them to come closer . We had returned back to base camp (so to speak ) and sat and waited for any activity .

Throughout the evening & night we had heard some tree knocks and vocalizations and knew we were being watched . We had been listening to something bipedal to the left of us walking back and forth just inside the wood line , also on our right a little further back in the woods was another bipedal something that had been moving around . At that outing I had brought a tape recorder and set it up in viewing range down the pathway from where we were sitting , I had asked Amy if she would go get it so we could see if it had picked up any of the noises . Amy took off to get it and on her way back we told her to stop , on our right between her and us, in the tree line came a lot of movement and before we knew it this deer came hauling out of woods . The deer ran across the path and was heading to the tree line on our left , just as it started to jump into the brush it did a u turn and came hauling right at us . As the deer was approaching , I found myself telling it " your all right " over & over . The deer ran straight up to all of us and stopped dead in its tracks , we were all talking , laughing and watching this deer just standing there . When we composed ourselves we noticed that the deer was breathing very heavily and was more concerned with what was going on in the tree lines behind and in front of him where he had just came out of . After about two to three mins the deer took a sigh , stomped its hoof , let out a huff and then slowly walked beside us and by the trucks and toward the treeline . We all followed this deer and stopped halfway between the trucks and the woods . As we were talking about what had just happened we heard a commotion in the area that the deer had gone , It sounded like leaves rustling and what I call the sound of something having its life taken out of it . I stood there and said that didnt sound good and all of a sudden this blood curdling God awful scream came from the area that we were looking at , right after the scream we heard two very loud tree knocks behind us where we had heard the other bipedal thing . Needless to say I found myself standing there alone talking to myself , after the scream everyone had booked it back to the trucks and packed it up and was waiting on me to go ( guess they felt a little uneasy huh lol) . We sat there for a good 30 mins after wards but nothing happened so we left .

I have asked all kinds of people ( hunters,hikers,campers,game officers, etc) that have been more then avid outdoors men and no one has had a deer just come up to them in the wild especially in a WMA , so you tell me why that deer felt like we were safer then WHAT was in those woods and WHAT made that scream ?

I know what wildcats sound like ( grew up with bobcats and a FL panther in the woods behind my house and an ex carney that lived two streets away had two lions AND from the late 70s I had a large cat rescue facility move in at the other end of the woods from my house . I also know what foxes,coyotes, bear and screaming bellowing scrub cows and other cattle sound like .

Now I am not saying that a deer wouldnt approach a human in a WMA but I have yet to hear of it , so if you guys have please let me know .
Thats just one of the many many things that has happened to me while researching . Hope you enjoyed it and let me know what you think .... Thanks, Carolann :)
GOT BIGFOOT !?
Cherokee Proud !
If We Knew What We Were Doing , It Wouldn't Be Called Research --- A Einstein

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Research Outing !

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 pm

I was actually going to come in from work today and ask you to put up some of your experiences. Cryptozoology is something that has always peaked my interest. I do not have any experiences with BF, but I still find the concept fascinating.

As for what yall heard, I think none of us behind keyboards can do anything but guess or speculate as to what it was. For a deer run up to you in the middle of the night, it was obviously being chased by something. Back when I used to hunt deer with dogs, I would see deer do that a lot. Especially one that was young or had been run a long time. A deer can get away from most of its predators.
A pack of hunting dogs, a panther a red wolf, or a coyote would be my guesses as to what was chasing it.

I spend every weekend in the woods in Fl from mid Sept thru mid April. So, as you are I am aware of most animal sounds. Matter of fact, that is what I enjoy about hunting is taking in the whole picture of nature.
I can tell you that a wounded deer can make some of the most godawful noises you have ever heard and can be very loud.

As for the tree knocks, I have no idea......
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:01 pm

yea on public land to have a deer walk up to you pretty much it had to be spooked to hell..

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Be careful. Mixing medications and booze is what killed Elvis! :grin:
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

mick
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by mick » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 pm

GoodOyster wrote:Be careful. Mixing medications and booze is what killed Elvis! :grin:
"lol" "lol" "lol"

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:56 pm

shes actually a professional at what she does.. just incase if you all wanted to know.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:shes actually a professional at what she does.. just incase if you all wanted to know.
Yep, and Im glad to have her knowledge on the subject here on the forum
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:11 pm

I would love to hear it

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:11 pm

I'll be the bad guy on this one. I am 43,have hunted in Fl. my entire life.I've put miles in the woods day and night.If there were really any of us left out there I would have seen one.Why has nobody ever found a dead one,fresh or old?Why have no packs of hounds ever treed one or caught one?I've heard noises that made my hair stand up on my neck that turned out to be owls.They do not exist.

cryptoseeker
scout

Post by cryptoseeker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 pm

I will remember to not mix drugs and alcohol lol !

All I can say is this .... I know what I saw when I was a kid and I know what I have experienced as an adult , I have nothing to gain for relaying my experiences or for making up stories ( if that is what a person wants to think I am
doing ).

I fully understand the skeptics due to the fact that I live with one . This person has experienced a lot of stuff and you can just see his mind working over time trying to make sense of what he just heard or saw and even tho it all comes to the conclusion that it was bf related he still will say I am not ready to believe yet and it would have to come up to him face to face and knock him on his butt and he still would doubt it was a real bf .

I research at times with a local sheriff deputy who has seen one and it took him a good number of years to come to terms with it . I also have gained the trust of a couple of local park rangers who have seen it and a game officer . I know someone who works for swiftmud who is often out on the properties and has seen things she cannot explain and as she puts to me " is not supposed to exist " .

I have been in the woods just about my whole life and one of the places I do my research is the Green Swamp , I have never seen a black bear anywhere and I have spent sooooo much time in the woods and just about every inch of the swamp . I have been told their in the swamp but I have yet to see one . Just because I have not seen one does not mean they are not there !

Did you know that there are African & Asian elephants in the Green swamp ! I didnt until I saw the news about a year ago , when they reported that a forest fire was threatening the Ringling Brothers land where they house the elephants .

How about the guy who escaped from the mental hospital and lived in the green swamp for a while and no one knew he was there . I was told about him talking about all the hunters that he saw and the monsters ( a sheriff deputy told me about that one and you can find a small part of the story online ) .

Lets talk about Charles Huff who went missing and they did a search of the area and never found him , which they just did another search for his body a few months back and still found no signs of him ( Florida-3 Airboat Search and
Rescue did the search ) .

How about the meth labs that have been found and still are found in the swamp .

I am sure there is something that I have listed that you guys can say that you have not seen out there BUT that does not mean they are not there !

I appreciate every ones comments ( positive and negative ) .

.................. Carolann :)
GOT BIGFOOT !?
Cherokee Proud !

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:15 am

I also remember the escaped prisoner living out there about 20 years ago. He didn't exist either. My buddy saw him twice. And he was later captured
Funny you mention the man that went missing back in '04
I have a spot off Tanic Grade that I hunt when I go out there. We went the weekend after that happened. And of all places, the spot I hunt is apparently where his truck was found and where they conducted their search. Crime scene tape everywhere

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:06 am

cryptoseeker wrote:How about the meth labs that have been found and still are found in the swamp . :)
:big eyes: :big eyes: :cowboy:

swampman88
scout

Post by swampman88 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:29 am

the south part of greenswamp where the river is, i found evidense of someone living in that old little house on the river not far from the bridge

cryptoseeker
scout

Post by cryptoseeker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am

On one of my outings with the ISRT group in the Green Swamp earlier this year , we had a guy come into the camp and start talking to us . We found out he was with a search and rescue group and was preparing for another search for Mr Huff , he told us he had found an old map and thought he knew what happened to Charlie .

Back in the day when they would check the soil they drilled bore holes but never covered or closed them up , so this guy thought Charlie possibly fell in one . I was asked to go along but I had to decline due to prior obligations , my friend John Johnsen went and filmed it for them . I dont know what the outcome was but you can access his site and ask him .

So watch where you walk out there !
www.grendelfilms.org

From what authorities have told me , there have been meth and drug labs and crops out in that area and still will occasionally find them !

........... :)
GOT BIGFOOT !?
Cherokee Proud !

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am

Never seen those holes in GS, but I have seen them in Citrus WMA. They are flat out dangerous

Return to “OFFICIAL BIG FOOT, SKUNK APE & WEIRD SIGHTINGS FORUM”