Season close TM Goodwin and Lake O

Discuss all your Duck Hunting here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

fishindad
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by fishindad » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 am

Well.... the season is over. :-( To say this year has been a whirlwind for me is putting it mildly. From getting my first decoys from a UWF member in March 2013 to even my first semi-auto shotgun from another UWF member in November. Its been a wild ride. I even learned a bit about my local area Tampa Bay and shot my first redhead here. To top it all off, the wife let me upgrade my Gheenoe highsider to a classic. What a season.

I met new friends, hunted with old friends and even helped a couple folks get their firsts as well. LOTS to do for next year in prep. I can't wait. As an added bonus, my bigger Gheenoe is going to be a gator hunting menace. :-)

I spend last weekend with a fellow dad who I met though duck hunting last year. He and I took his son and my youngest nephew out for the weekend. My nephew had never shot a shotgun, never been in a marsh, never worn waders, never shot a duck and never even been in a boat in the dark. Lots of firsts for a 10 year old. He was a bit skiddish of course, but he stepped up.... BIG time.

Sat was a good hunt at Broadmoor. We stopped early for the kids but still ended up with 4 take home teal and 3 lost teal. Sun was a trip to Lake O. The birds did not seem to fly so... It was Coot shooting time! I think the kids liked that better anyway. Drive, coast to a stop... shoot and repeat.

All in all.. a great season for me AND my family. I even got the wife out in waders in Tampa bay one time. Thanks for all the support from this forum and my friends. I hope everyone else out there had a good season as well.

Fishindad

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: Season close TM Goodwin and Lake O

Post by treefarmer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:23 am

Good job, fishindad! Good pictures, good explanation and good for the young boys! Hopefully they will continue as hunters and y'all have more adventures in that Gheenoe, hunting and fishing!
Treefarmer

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 am

Good job! I'm turning my gheenoe classic into a duck boat myself. Cutting out the middle bench and putting a false floor in. Got a gallon of steelflex to go on it and my canoe. Gonna put a KW wrap and a blind on it. When that's done I'm putting a long tail on it so I can swap out to my 18hp when fishing.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Glad you had a good season and this forum was a place to show it!

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom.

Dirtroadz
scout

Post by Dirtroadz » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Into the outdoors with family- nothing better! Nice pics

Return to “DUCK HUNTING FORUM”