Can't Post Photos

Post up any site problems or suggestions here. You can also post questions if your having trouble with the forums functions.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

9dawgs

Can't Post Photos

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Hey Carlos, I was posting photos a couple of days ago just fine and today when I tried to post a couple it's not working. I've done it the same way several times and finally resized one of the photos just to see if for some reason it was bigger but still no bueno.

Its actually looks like it's uploading and it says there's data uploaded but when I click on the photo it's empty.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Can't Post Photos

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Hmmm no idea.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:20 pm

I was able to attach a link from Photobucket but that site is garbage with all the pop up ads so I'd rather not use it. Anyhow, hope it gets sorted.

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:37 pm

For a while it was rather easy to post photos here on FOHAF, something changed, we figured how again but since the middle of May I can't post a photo for some reason.

I just read the statement here on the forum that a picture can not come from a private computer so one should go to a site such as Photobucket, did that for a while last season and found that nothing is free in this ol' world. If you load up your "free" photobucket account, you must buy more space, if you delete a picture to create more space it is deleted from any forum site you had posted it to. For this reason, a knife forum that I participate on, does not accept Photobucket and similar sites due to the fact of losing the pictures from the articles or posts. Their point is, certain pictures have historical/research values and need to be preserved. When we take the time to do a tutorial it would be nice to be able to go back and see the accompanying photos at a later date.

Living very close to "computer illiteracy" I'm a little frustrated with this problem. Have started a new food plot, basically from the ground up :rolleyes , like in past seasons, hoping to share its' progress but each time the resized photos are rejected. Words are great but a picture is also worth a thousand words at times. Kinda' aggravating, spending time photographing and writing a post but then not be able to post the companion pictures.

I would love to continue being able to show my successes and failures as I have in the past. Apparently they were pretty interesting to some folks as 2 different ones had over 7000 views, but without pictures a huntin', fishin' or gardenin' post is mostly flat!

Does any one know how to get the administrator to allow attachments to be added to the board without going through a publicly accessible web server (the forum words, not mine)?
Treefarmer

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:21 pm

I add mine fine

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 pm

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:37 pm

So what is your procedure, in layman's terms? Picture from a digital camera, resized to 640x460 will not post as an attachment. Several years ago, this was the issue, pictures were too large, resizing solved that issue but this has me bumfuzzled
Treefarmer

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:39 pm

I had this problem also and CAN'T post ANY pictures from the computer. I would have to post the thread from the computer then go back with the phone and add the pic, painful and not user friendly.

:saluting

PS just tried again... nothing
Bossman

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Hmmm its from the computer... Let me text my server guy.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:47 pm

K jusy shot him a text

treefarmer
Ordeal

Post by treefarmer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Carl, I just noticed that FOHAF is powered by phpBB and that is the same forum software that is used on the knife forum that I am able to post pictures from my PC. Got a pretty food plot growin' that I would like to share.
Treefarmer

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:20 am

Hmmm ill email gary again. What error message are you getting?

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:36 pm

The only work around I found was by uploading my photos to Tapatalk on my phone. If I post them on there they'll show up here. Very frustrating but it works. I've been having this problem since around late April 2017 as well.

Carlos what mine does is it will look like it's downloading the photo and then when you try to view it you get a triangle with an "!" in it and there's nothing there. It'll have the correct amount of MB like there's something there but the photo won't show up.

I'll take a photo of the screen on my IPhone and upload it through Tapatalk and show you what I'm talking about.
Last edited by 9dawgs on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Here's a photo from Tapatalk with the error. You can see the triangle under "status".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 pm

That's the problem I have... ↑ X2 ↑
Bossman

Return to “THE FORUM ITSELF”