Introducing Str8shooter

New member GREAT! introuduce your self here. tell a little about yourself.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Str8shooter
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Introducing Str8shooter

Post by Str8shooter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:50 am

I feel … it is very important to have a memorably complete introduction. After all, how else will anyone get to know me or me you? I used to dread coming up with something to say to introduce myself as a new member to a site. Know what I mean? After composing the following mini bio, all I do now is copy and paste. Oh, I’ll make a change here and there to keep all you folk current. I’m a sweetheart that way. LOL Okay, here I go again…

Hi all –

A little about me: I am Rob. I will soon (6 months or sooner) relocate to the Ocala FL area in hopes of developing new friendships and memories following the recent death of my lady due to cancer. As a resident of the Rochester NY area, I hunted for over forty years since my teens and had fished even before that. Now a retired accountant, I have a lot of time available to pursue my interests and to locate all those hunting and fishing buddies I haven’t met as yet. That’s my aim, to meet new friends in the area. I prefer to be outdoors with others. Call me, I’m ready to go.

A minor inconvenience (I am mobile with my cane, walker, scooter or ATV) of a disability has since slowed me down but hasn’t stopped my passion for the outdoors. In the past, I had limited my hunting to deer and turkey but now include waterfowl as they all can be done from my blind or other cover. In September 2009 I went on a donated guided black bear hunt in Maine. No bear, but had a great time. I’d like to try my hand at feral pigs or boar someday soon. I will hunt with a rifle, shotgun, pistol, bow, or muzzleloader.

I fish too. A while back, I had fished bass tournaments with two clubs. I started at Rochester Bassmasters and then was a founding member of Flower City Sportsmen. Now I just enjoy whatever is biting. I’d rather fish in a boat than from shore anytime so if you want company in yours sometime, just call on me. Retirement makes me available 24/7. That is why I am seriously considering buying at least one more boat of my own. If that happens, I’ll post a message on here looking for company on my boat.

Some friends and I run a web site (http://www.pcsaonline.com) for sportsmen with limitations called Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America. We were incorporated into a not-for-profit entity in September 2010. That takes up a little bit of time, but my schedule is flexible. Other interests include ATV riding, playing Euchre or Texas Holdem, cooking, shooting pool, and workshop projects.

Let’s see, what else? Not a stranger to opening my mouth and adding my $.02 worth to a discussion. Kinda set in my ways. Spent some time cutting, pasting, and deleting (for you computer savvy people) pieces of me until I found a person I can live with while looking in a mirror. Here I am. Whether you like or dislike me it's okay. I'm not changing.

After putting this amount of time in writing my bio here, I am expecting some "welcome aboards" or "howdys" or even "what an a$$" from you readers. Don't be shy now.

Rob
BE WELL OR AS WELL AS YOU CAN BE

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: Introducing Str8shooter

Post by GoodOyster » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:32 am

Howdy, welcome aboard. Haven't seen your a$$, so can't comment on it!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Triple Creek Reaper
Brotherhood

Post by Triple Creek Reaper » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Welcome
3rd Tine Lucky Hunt Club
Bradford County, FL & Port Washington, OH
EST 2013

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by DONY1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Welcome! :toast

68user
scout

Post by 68user » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Well I guess your name fits you well! Welcome to the site! I look forward to getting to chat.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Welcome, I was born and raised in Hamburg, NY and my mother's side of the family all live in Rochester. I know the area well. Have hunted near ever part of NYS since the early 80's and have property with a cabin in Franklinville, NY. Folks have the farm in Hamburg still and we try to make our annual hunting trip in November, but it didn't happen this year. I left in 1987 when I joined the Army at 18 and retired in 2008 here in Orlando/Winter Springs. I work over in Tampa at MacDill AFB as a government contractor now.

This is a great board with alot of avid hunters, shooters, fishermen, and outdoorsman here. Have made some great friends here.

Welcome!

bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Welcome to the site. :toast
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Welcome!!! :toast
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Welcome to the backwoods!

Oakley
scout

Post by Oakley » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:02 am

Welcome!

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 am

Hi, Welcome to Florida when you get here. My husband and I are from the Hudson valley part of NY. Been here 8 years, and we live less then an hour above Ocala. Hog hunting is a favorite pass time for us.

deutze
Second Class Scout

Post by deutze » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:38 pm

welcome. another N.Y. transplant here. love that beautiful upstate N.Y. country. hunted the catskills 20+ years chenango,delaware, sullivan,dutchess,greene,columbia counties. never west of the delaware river much except for steelhead fishing but hear it's nice. it's a lot flatter and hotter here, good luck.

davedirt
Ordeal

Post by davedirt » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Welcome......
STAY HUNGRY MY FRIENDS
DUG IN TIGHTER THAN ALABAMA TICK

ROLL TIDE

Last year I was a hunter and not a harvester........

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 pm

you will find it pretty good down here. we don't have to SHOVEL sunshine. welcome

swissk31
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by swissk31 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:12 pm

deutze wrote:welcome. another N.Y. transplant here. love that beautiful upstate N.Y. country. hunted the catskills 20+ years chenango,delaware, sullivan,dutchess,greene,columbia counties. never west of the delaware river much except for steelhead fishing but hear it's nice. it's a lot flatter and hotter here, good luck.

I did a lot of fishing, grew up in a fishing family. Never got to hunt there, maybe some day.
Florida has been a blast, but ug the heat.

Return to “NEWBIES FORMAL FORUM”