Shotgun for women?

This is a special forum for the LADY HUNTERS AND FISHERWOMEN!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Shotgun for women?

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:35 pm

FLDXT wrote:
lamehawk wrote:I had one for my 500 but sold it years back it was kind of nice to have the muzzleloader bbl but needed the money.
I am still not understanding how this muzzleloader barrel works on a pump gun?
i didnt even want to touch that one..

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm

It's impossible,how could you load a pump thru the end of the barrel?

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 pm

well the link shows a muzzle loading barrel for the mossberg 500.

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm

I believe you insert a shotgun primer into the action and there is a small flash hole into the chamber,load the barrel like other muzzleloaders. Not sure though, but I doubt Mossberg is advertising a product that doesn't work.
Dream Team
You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country of out the boy.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:38 pm

vonnick52 wrote:I believe you insert a shotgun primer into the action and there is a small flash hole into the chamber,load the barrel like other muzzleloaders. Not sure though, but I doubt Mossberg is advertising a product that doesn't work.

BLUNDERBUSTER. :eek :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:12 pm

FLDXT wrote:Seems like a cluster$#ck to me, I bet FWC wouldn't consider it a muzzleloader.
You would have fun explaining that frankenstein jigger rig. lol

vonnick52
Star Scout

Post by vonnick52 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 pm

I don't see how it wouldn't fit the definition of a muzzleloader. You pour powder or pyrodex into the muzzle of the barrel, put a wad and then a sabot or whatever you like to load, tamp it down, put the 209 shotgun primer in, action forward, ready to shoot. Not really any different than any other muzzleloader that uses a 209 shotgun primer, just harder to get to the primer. It's not like you have follow up shots or anything...
Dream Team
You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country of out the boy.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

FLDXT wrote:
vonnick52 wrote:I don't see how it wouldn't fit the definition of a muzzleloader. You pour powder or pyrodex into the muzzle of the barrel, put a wad and then a sabot or whatever you like to load, tamp it down, put the 209 shotgun primer in, action forward, ready to shoot. Not really any different than any other muzzleloader that uses a 209 shotgun primer, just harder to get to the primer. It's not like you have follow up shots or anything...
What happens if you misfire, or a bad primer? Do you pump it to re-cock or what? Anyways this is off topic, and seems FUBAR to me.
Once again.. B.L.U.N.D.E.R.B.U.S.T.E.R Just tell fwc that.. they will understand. :lol:

geoffpruitt0527
scout

Post by geoffpruitt0527 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 am

its no different than any other inline you load it from the muzzle and open the action put in the primer and close action and shoot if misfire occurs rack it open change primer close shoot

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:14 am

I have a bolt action BP that operates like that but it has a solid barrel the bolt only exposes the breech to load a primer. A slide or pump action to operate properly would have to have an open breech,I don't understand how it could contain the primer ignition and still be a true slide action. Anyone have a pic?

john l
Assistant Scout Master

Post by john l » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:45 pm

WAY :offtopic

ChickwithaGun
scout

Post by ChickwithaGun » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:16 am

vonnick52 wrote:
I have a Mossberg 20 gauge with a 24" slug barrel that I am about to replace with a 12 gauge. She is a little beat up and could use a re-bluing on the barrel, but she shoots straight. I don't know if you're looking for a used gun or something nice and shiny, but I'd be more than happy to let you shoot it and see what you think regardless.

I want to thank you very much for the offer but I thought you might find someone with more of a need for your shotgun. I did go out and buy the Mossberg that was recommended by Nacho, and I was able to get it in the pink camo. It's lightweight and able to be adjusted for draw length (mine is on the shortest). I haven't shot it yet but it does make me smile.

My husband Richard says that he doesn't care what any gun I care to shoot looks like, as long as I am out with him shooting. I'm glad I don't embarass him with my pension for pink!

Thank you all again and I hope that we can meet soon at some sort of gathering for the group. Anyone going to Bartow on Friday for the Turkey Foundation banquet? We bought tickets when we bought the shotgun (yes we went to Bartow for a shotgun...they had the pink one). If you are there, please say hi to us.

Jeni

trouttouter
Troop Guide

Post by trouttouter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 am

Glad you found the right gun for you. Good luck with it!!!

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:43 pm

just make sure when you use heavy loads, (slugs/buckshot ) you have it firmly into the notch between shoulder and chest and your face pressed onto the stock "cheek weld" or you will pick up some bruises.close your eyes, bring the gun up into a comfotable shooting position , then open your eyes, if you don't have a good view of the beads and you have to raise your face off the stock to align the bead sites you can add on a neoprene cheek piece to raise your eye level. did it come with 1 barrel only or as a combo pak? different barrels are better suited for particular types of hunting. good luck with your new gun. one way to get familiar with it quicker is just keep it in your hands non stop for a weekend it will build alot of muscle memory quickly.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:07 pm

You can buy the low recoil rounds for deer and hogs like the low recoil buckhammer ammo!
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

Return to “LADIES ROOM”