New Member Valrico

New Members go here first. Here is all your information on Introductions, Posting Pictures, Avatars, and every thing you need to know first.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

key1911
scout
Hunt or Fish: Fisher

New Member Valrico

Post by key1911 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:39 am

Hi All,
Been down here from New England bout 6 yrs now. Been freshwater fishing bout
all my life. Been enjoying the shooting activities, firearm purchasing and trading
that is available to all Floridians. Shoot USPSA and have tried Steel Challenge stuff.
Now want to try Piggy Hunting. Have been reading almost all posts here regarding this.
Nice to see "good" info being passed around. Been checking Hunting camps info, again from
info here. Met BigMikeK at his new store, nice guys and good prices. I use Bud's Gun Shop
to compare. Well, time for work, talk to ya'll later.
Than

Welcome to the forum. If you want to advertise for your gun shop on my forum please become a sponsor. thanks. Info can be found on the site.

bodysnatcher
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: New Member Valrico

Post by bodysnatcher » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome to the site. :toast
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

M12Gunboy
LIfe Scout

Post by M12Gunboy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:37 am

Welcome to the site. Another Gun nut joins the Forum. What you got to trade or sell? Post some pics....

lamehawk
Silver Contributer

Post by lamehawk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:19 am

welcome to the site
BYOB = Bring your own bait!

http://myworld.ebay.com/shad_85

Just in my camper!

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:05 pm

welcome, nice piece of bass.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

XD45
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by XD45 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:06 pm

welcome
2012 archery-1 doe

key1911
scout

Post by key1911 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Thanks to all, bass I caught last march, 9'11z, real happy bout that. No guns for trade right
now. Bought my ar10 and mp9 off florida gun trader. Great deals, great transactions. Been real happy with the mp9 so much that as soon as i sell my extra generator, I am going to pickup a
mp45. Called a tele number that is on a sign or rt60 by rt39 last night. Talked to a Shane bout hog
hunting. 100bucks to get through the gate, 35 per meat hog taken...hmmm...no guarantee but he says
mornings seem to be producing right now. Property located within 1/4 mile of the CircleK gas station there.
Says he needs couple weeks notice, haven't decided yet.

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Re: Re: New Member Valrico

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

key1911 wrote:... Called a tele number that is on a sign or rt60 by rt39 last night. Talked to a Shane bout hog
hunting. 100bucks to get through the gate, 35 per meat hog taken...hmmm...no guarantee but he says
mornings seem to be producing right now. Property located within 1/4 mile of the CircleK gas station there.
Says he needs couple weeks notice, haven't decided yet.
Sounds like a decent deal. If you find out more or want some company let us know.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

key1911
scout

Post by key1911 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:58 pm

GoodOyster, you think it is?..I dunno...was looking at the pics from the hunt up at trapper dans...that
looked like a blast and I'm guessing no guarantee needed. I'm kinda figurin if I end up wasting 110bucks,
I would rather use it on gas and such to truck up to trapper Dans where there seems to be good amount of
them piggies. On the "other" hand, this place is no more than maybe 7 miles from home..aaaaa...Idunno...
I would like to do something before it gets too hot, then plan better for next cool season. Would always
welcome company. Newbie to hunting, not to shooting and fishing...jus say'n :)

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:19 pm

key1911 wrote:GoodOyster, you think it is?..I dunno...was looking at the pics from the hunt up at trapper dans...that
looked like a blast and I'm guessing no guarantee needed. I'm kinda figurin if I end up wasting 110bucks,
I would rather use it on gas and such to truck up to trapper Dans where there seems to be good amount of
them piggies. On the "other" hand, this place is no more than maybe 7 miles from home..aaaaa...Idunno...
I would like to do something before it gets too hot, then plan better for next cool season. Would always
welcome company. Newbie to hunting, not to shooting and fishing...jus say'n :)
Well, of course you'd want to get a better idea of how many hogs are on the property, how big the property is, what kind of terrain you're dealing with, what kind of hunting pressure is put on them, are they running feeders, etc. The hunt with trapper dan is a good deal at $125/meat hog, and a good time for sure. But that last hunt, if I could have killed a couple more pigs for $35/ea, I'd have brought home a lot more meat! Plus, that area around SR60 and SR39 is much closer to home. I've got a lot of family up that way, wouldn't surprise me if the Shane guy was some distant cousin!
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

key1911
scout

Post by key1911 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Ah...spoken like a pro...see, us newbies don't know that stuff, end up calling the guy a million times with
all these questions...soon'nuff the guy'll stop answering his phone...but seriously, here's the number, call'm and
see what you thing and let me know. Yes, closer would be nicer, atleast the first time.
Shane: 813-719-6041, shoot, I shouldve put the number up the last post.
Been thinking, what would be a good round to use for my 762/308-ar10?...been plinking with cheap stuff but
think I should get something better for hunting....your thoughts?

GoodOyster

Post by GoodOyster » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Any soft-nosed hunting round should do just fine.
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

fishindad

Post by fishindad » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:55 pm

GoodOyster wrote:Any soft-nosed hunting round should do just fine.
What he said! Welcome to the site!
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:57 am

Welcme to the site.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS GO HERE FIRST!!!”