Junior Assistant Scout Master

Re: New gadgets

Post by Papa_J » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:27 pm

QAD UltraRest Hunter Image

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Papa_J wrote:That's what I was thinking, SA. I have the rheostat on my sight for the pins, and I was just going to get one of those light mounts for a shotgun bbl to mount the maglite. I know you can't use em on WMAs, but on private property, I thought it was okay with a bow.

So, is the QAD Ultra Rest Hunter any good?
Well you know your not supposed to ever shine deer with any weapon, I never really have done that but have popped a few hogs well after dark. I appreciate all your help FLDXT,I have a lot of stuff going on right now. I have to go back to Mo SAt for at least 3 weeks and remodel a house and need a new truck in a bad way. I'm afraid to spend anymore money right now till I sell that house. When I do I might drive down your way and take you bow shopping with me.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Not overwhelmed at all, I'm out of the archery loop. I upgraded 10 years ago and am ready to do so again. I just bought that rifle and set it up and the .270. I was debating between that or a new archery rig and a chose the rifles.Your advice is appreciated and well taken,I told my nephew about you and told him you'd give him a ride on your horse and that you'd let him hang around the ranch for a few days.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:48 pm

He also said he wanted to learn to race wild horses,can you teach a kid with no arms and legs to ride a wild horse?

milkman
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by milkman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:48 pm

In my opinion your sight is just like the scope on your rifle. Most agree that you should spend as much on a scope as you do on the gun. It makes no sense to me to spend 800 dollars on a new bow and then get a bargain barn sight to put on it. That being said sometimes less frills is better less gadgets on the sight means less things to break. One important thing to me is a sight with third level axis adjustment capabilities. As far as rests you cant go wrong with the QAD rest and you dont have to buy the top of the line model either they are easy to set up and tune. With this type of rest you have the best of both worlds with a full capture rest and a dropaway when the string is released.
"Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them." Denny Gulvas

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by houseofmicah » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 am

third level axis? lol

houseofmicah
Eagle Scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by houseofmicah » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:03 pm

lol