Indana 2018

This is a forum to discuss all your Out Of State hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

blackpowderscout
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Re: Indana 2018

Post by blackpowderscout » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:35 pm

If you can hunt deer in Florida, I mean seriously find, understand and kill deer in Florida then you will love public land in Indiana. But there's hills so the fat boys better get in shape. Yup. Parts of Indiana has elevation changes. For real ones.
"Friends don't let friends hunt with inlines."

NRA Life
Want to learn more about Traditional Blackpowder Hunting? http://traditionalblackpowderhunting.com/

36fan
scout

Re: Indana 2018

Post by 36fan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:59 am

blackpowderscout wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:35 pm
If you can hunt deer in Florida, I mean seriously find, understand and kill deer in Florida then you will love public land in Indiana. But there's hills so the fat boys better get in shape. Yup. Parts of Indiana has elevation changes. For real ones.
Brown County definitely has some relief! I'm up in the flatter area, but there are some drainage ways that create some valleys that seem come out of nowhere.

The only public land I've deer hunted are the state park reduction hunts. I mostly hunt private land close to my house. I shot a big ol' nanny doe down in valley at a reduction hunt at Shades SP. I was about a mile from the parking lot, I drug her her up and down the hills for about 3/4 of a mile and luckily came across another hunter. He was kind enough to get his game cart and take her the rest of the way out. I took my kids' sled with me and drug her on it, which definitely helped. I'm in pretty good shape, but that drag finished me off for the rest of the day. After getting her in the truck, I went maybe 50 yds from the parking lot and sat. Shortly after that I made a game cart.

Return to “OUT OF STATE HUNTING FORUM”