Hunting near Crystal River?

A place to discuss General Hunting Subjects like hunting stories, And General stuff to do with hunting.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Calvin66
scout
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Hunting near Crystal River?

Post by Calvin66 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:33 am

Ello, fellas.
Just bought a piece of land up north in Citrus County, near Lake Russeau. I’m going to build a fishing cabin, and wanted to inquire regarding hunting areas in that part of the state.
I normally hunt duck, quail, and dove, but I’d like to bag my 1st deer this coming season. I’ve always hunted in Dade/Broward/Palm Beach, and know nothing about this area.
I don’t know anyone up there, and was hoping you guys could help with a little guidance. Where to hunt (general areas), I see a lot of hunting areas on the FFWC site, any you recommend looking into?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
“That brush beyond the big hump has been calling for a long time and maybe I better answer while I’m able” R.L.P

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Re: Hunting near Crystal River?

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Goethe WMA is not far from there, and is one of the better ones around that area. Lake Rousseau is one of the best bass lakes in the state. Just watch your lower unit. It's notorious for taking them off
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

OldCrab
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OldCrab » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:47 pm

^^^ :rockon :rockon
Calling illegal aliens “undocumented workers” is like calling drug dealers “unlicensed pharmacists”…

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Calvin66
scout

Post by Calvin66 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:04 am

Thank you.
“That brush beyond the big hump has been calling for a long time and maybe I better answer while I’m able” R.L.P

BLeeber
scout

Post by BLeeber » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Did you ever hunt last season? How'd it go? I'm trying to get into hunting more. I live in Collier County but work in Broward. Where did you hunt in Broward area? Where do you think I should start?

Thank you!!
B. Leeber
Nutritional Biochemist

Return to “GENERAL HUNTING DISCUSSION FORUM”