Charter boats down around West Palm/Ft Lauderdale

Discuss all of your General "Offshore" fishing here.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Charter boats down around West Palm/Ft Lauderdale

Post by GoodOyster » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:29 pm

My son is in the Air Force and currently deployed overseas to an "undisclosed location". When they get back from deployment, which we don't know exactly when that will be, he plans to come home for a couple of weeks to visit. I want to plan a couple of fishing trips with him, one of which would be somewhere off southeast FL where we could get into a variety of things like dolphin, wahoo, mutton snapper, grouper, tuna, sails, etc.

We could take a charter locally or up around Tampa, but with all the dang fish closures in the Gulf I feel like we might have a better trip on the east side. Plus, we've never fished the Gulf Stream, and I'd like to give it a go.

So, with all that said, does anyone here know any good boats or captains down around WPB/Ft Lauderdale area? Since I don't know exactly when we'll be going (could be anytime between March and June), I'm hoping I can get something good with relatively short notice.

Also, if anyone else wants to come along, let's talk. Most of the trips I'm thinking of are for 6-12 people. With me, my son, my daughter's boyfriend and possibly my daughter, plus another friend I have over in Delray Beach, we might have 3-5 slots already.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

DONY1
Junior Assistant Scout Master
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Charter boats down around West Palm/Ft Lauderdale

Post by DONY1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Make sure you check with the boat captain if he can take more than 6 people on board before you book it. I took some of my guys on a trip out of Islamorada a few years back and was told after we got there at 6am only 6 guys could go under his license. Just a heads up.

bluefrog
scout

Re: Charter boats down around West Palm/Ft Lauderdale

Post by bluefrog » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:35 am

The Geno IV has been good for me. Actually it was the Geno III last time and the Geno II before that. Geno is the capt. and his wife the mate. Goes out of the Boynton Beach inlet.

Return to “DEEP SEA FISHING FORUM”