Second week of B/P

This is a forum where you can discuss all your Black Powder Firearms.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Second week of B/P

Post by Iluv2hunt » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:23 am

Enjoy every minute of your dad while you can. Sucks the last 7 seasons not having mine around
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 am

Thursday morning and pops got up to go with me and I could tell he was worn down so I suggested that he stay home and get some rest. It didn't take much to convince him of it. I'm sitting listening to mother nature wake up.

Bossman
Bossman

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by Bossman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Thursday was a bust and thought that I would kill another hog on the evening hunt. No such luck with the hog killing. Friday come and pops is still a little down in the wind or just worn out still. I go and do the hunt alone with nothing to bring home. Although I did see 12 hogs this afternoon. I sat for 5 hours this evening hoping that the front would make some bucks move. A week of B/P and no shooters I saw 5 bucks but all was 6 point or smaller. Man feeling like the week was a loss but I did have a good time with pops and a week without work. There is always gun season for the big one to come my way.

:saluting
Bossman

Return to “BLACK POWDER HUNTING FORUM”