So my roommate is a democrat..

This is a forum to discuss all your Political subjects.

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:45 am

So in order to be able to afford a nicer place my gf and I decided to get my old buddy to move in with us. We've been good buddies for a while, but I always knew his mindset was a little messed up lol. So first off any single show or commercial that included a black person he would make out to be racist (he's white by the way and a huge boston fan which I cant stand). For example, a proactive commercial comes on and says "wanting to get rid of those pesky blackheads.." He seriously flipped out which cracked me up.

But it only gets worse when we get into political convos. I usually avoid it, but when I've been drinking we always get into it somehow. He literally tries to tell me that anyone that makes good money needs to give their excess to the ghetto community to help out and turn things around for them..... We go to Taco Bell and a nice black lady serves us and is happy and doing her job, so he tells me why do the rich not hand out money to people like her, and why can't she get a better job.... He tells me the #1 reason why America is in debt is because we keep funding our military!!!! He also thinks all of our troops should be scattered about in america only and none should be overseas which would bring crime rate to zero... He goes on a ride along after I talked him into it (I'll explain later) and I ask how it went. He says that all cops are aholes and they are only out to get black people. I ask what happened and he says they pulled over a car of blacks and they were all high and one had a prescription bottle with an unknown pill in it and the cops hauled the driver off. He says it was a little mistake and they all should have gotten off with a warning and that there are worse things going on for cops to be worried about. This is why he doesn't want to be a cop now.

Now some background. He is in his mid 20s, and has a bachelors at usf in criminology. He thought he could get into the FBI straight out of college lol. I made him go on the ride along because he has been working at chump jobs since college and doesn't understand that that degree literally only allows you to become a cop pretty much and you must move up from there. He now works at a job I got him a few years ago and I'm not sure he will ever move on, but oh well. I like him as a friend and he is a good roommate, but I cannot believe how some people think. He's a nice kid and easy to get along with until he opens up his mouth about race and his political views. But I realize this is how the majority of democrats think. I can literally keep you guys up with things he says every week.

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re: So my roommate is a democrat..

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:01 am

Oh and of course: Obama creates oh so many jobs and everything bad about America right now was bushes fault.

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 pm

There blind and ignorant to life and reality.

9dawgs

Post by 9dawgs » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 pm

It's that entitlement line of thinking that has screwed this country up. When you give someone something for nothing it doesn't take long for them to realize its easier NOT to work... When I was in Swaziland recently I was appalled at all the poverty. I was told that the government started a food program to feed people but when the people started to quit their jobs just to get on the program the government shut the program down to restructure it. Now they make you show proof of working before you can get free food so you have to make an honest effort to work. I don't understand why our government can't get this...

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:31 pm

And honestly with how many people think exactly like he does, I don't see it changing anytime soon. Think of how many kids the average successful person has, 1, maybe 3. Well I remember reading a statistic about how many kids the average welfare recipient has and it is scary. And most of those kids turn out like their parents. So we are literally being outnumbered and why on earth would these people who believe they are owed money and that it's just free money from the government would vote away their "free" money.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Ummm moving someone in with you and your wife (especially if they are single) is a BAD idea in many MANY ways.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:20 pm

I have a good friend that is the same way. You would think he is "one of us", he is a hunter, fisher and outdoorsman. But when he talks politics it is like someone flipped a switch on him.

This same friend thinks Jimmy Carter is the best president ever
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

drgn4sr
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader

Post by drgn4sr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 pm

JUST REMEMBER THIS. "YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH STUPID". It only brings you down to their level. Until the conservatives start educating the masses ie. commercials, ads and internet, we will continue to fight "STUPID".

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:Ummm moving someone in with you and your wife (especially if they are single) is a BAD idea in many MANY ways.
Lol I know but trust me my gf and I have thrown many girls his way and he always blows it. My gf hates him so I'm not worried there lol. Well he is a good friend of mine and actually a real good roommate since he never has people over and he cleans up and everything. We live in a 2 story townhouse so we have space and all. It's just when we get to talking about particular subjects that I can't stand him.

And you'll notice I didn't put my replies to his stupidity. Trust me I've argued with him many times about stuff that comes out of his mouth, but I realize there is no changing his views. I don't even say anything back most of the time he says something like that, just awkward silence to let him think about what he said lol. Still doesn't work but I usually stay out of it still.

DaveT
Second Class Scout

Post by DaveT » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:00 pm

OriginalCracker wrote: But I realize this is how the majority of democrats think.
The fact that he might actually be "thinking" is a major improvement in my opinion. Most of them don't, they just parrot whatever they hear the talking heads on TV saying. No actual THOUGHT involved.
http://WWW.TampaTaxidermy.com

Sometimes I wake up Grumpy.....but mostly I just let her sleep....

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:48 pm

OriginalCracker wrote:
Cr0ck1 wrote:Ummm moving someone in with you and your wife (especially if they are single) is a BAD idea in many MANY ways.
Lol I know but trust me my gf and I have thrown many girls his way and he always blows it. My gf hates him so I'm not worried there lol. Well he is a good friend of mine and actually a real good roommate since he never has people over and he cleans up and everything. We live in a 2 story townhouse so we have space and all. It's just when we get to talking about particular subjects that I can't stand him.

And you'll notice I didn't put my replies to his stupidity. Trust me I've argued with him many times about stuff that comes out of his mouth, but I realize there is no changing his views. I don't even say anything back most of the time he says something like that, just awkward silence to let him think about what he said lol. Still doesn't work but I usually stay out of it still.
Me and my ex wife took a friend in. 6 months later divorce after 13 years of marriage. Not to say there were other things that contributed also. Good luck.

Sent from my killphone.

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:
OriginalCracker wrote:

Me and my ex wife took a friend in. 6 months later divorce after 13 years of marriage. Not to say there were other things that contributed also. Good luck.

Sent from my killphone.

That sucks man. Sorry to hear. We're moving out in like 6 months anyway. And the way I see it, if something happened to where I would have to dump her, I'd rather it happen sooner than later. I'm not worried at all though.

Hoss74
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Hoss74 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Wait until you find out he's secretly had a crush on you all these years...LoL

Seriously though, I couldn't live with a liberal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OriginalCracker
Assistant Patrol Leader

Re:

Post by OriginalCracker » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Hoss74 wrote:Wait until you find out he's secretly had a crush on you all these years...LoL

Seriously though, I couldn't live with a liberal.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hahahahahaha

TerribleTed
Senior Patrol Leader

Post by TerribleTed » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 pm

every one is entitled

TO DIE.

YOU WORK YOU LIVE YOU DONT YOU DIE

Return to “POLITICS & THE ECONOMY”