Spring plot not!

This is a forum to duscuss your Food Plots and Supplemental Feeding

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Bossman
Senior Patrol Leader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Spring plot not!

Post by Bossman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Well with as much rain as we have been having there is no way that I'll be able to put in a spring plot. I decided to just add another feeder to the plot. My feeders right now hold 200 lbs. and run for about one month. (I know it seems a lot) As lazy as I am I hate having to fill them every month. I carried another feeder down last week and got it set all up. One feeder goes off in the morning and one in the evening so now they should last twice as long. Of course I didn't even think to document my plot and feeding with pictures. Anyway my plot is one acre and over half covered with water. I had to park about 100 yards from the plot because of the water and carry the feeder and the corn in through 12" of water. One thing for sure, I found out that I'm not as young as I once was. the next day I paid for all of it with every part of my body aching. We'll have to see how doubling up on the feeders works out for me. Maybe next time down there I will remember to take a couple of pictures.

:saluting
Bossman

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Re: Spring plot not!

Post by Iluv2hunt » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:29 pm

Food plots for me at this point would consist of rice paddies
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

treefarmer
Ordeal

Re: Spring plot not!

Post by treefarmer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Bossman,
You just made my day, you too, Iluv2hunt! I thought I was the Lone Ranger when it came to wet woods, makes me feel better. Not that y'all are experiencing problems but somehow there is strength in numbers, if you know what I mean? I'm still running a feeder in the pines beyond my plot here at the house. Set to feed one time a day for about 5 seconds. Camera still running, not getting critter pictures everyday but they still come by now and then. As I'm posting, it is raining here and is supposed to rain off and on through Monday. This food plot may not dry out even by fall as it is in a flat that holds a lot of moisture. The rye that survived is above waist high, lots of feed for the song birds as it matures. Here's a picture of some ladies that came by last week or so.
Treefarmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FOODPLOTS - SUPPLEMENTAL FEEDING”