Stay Away From.. Chiggers & Ticks Hunt Club!!

Don't get stuck in a lease thats ran poorly, Treats their members bad, Or is a FOR PROFIT MONEY MAKER lease! Check here first and check the BEWARE list!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Re: Beware - Leases to stay away from. !!!

Post by JBUG308 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 pm

I too am in the market for a new club/lease. I am coming to a close on my first season in a club around the Palatka area. I really don't have any horror stories, but needless to say I am very disappointed. I did not see a deer one single time sitting on my stand this year. For that part, I did not see a deer while driving at any time. Decent camp, not a real big lease (2000 acres), just no deer movement (during daylight!). Lease was hunted hard a few years ago by a "brown its down" group. It has potential, but I'm not sure on how long it will take. Every now and than I'll see a pig track. That's too bad because this place has some killer hog habitat, especially if it gets a little wet. Very healthy population of turkeys. Some folks have some nice bucks on camera, but almost all are btwn 9:30pm and 4am. Other than some minor communication issues that need to be addressed, there are some good folks in this club. I'm not gonna mention the club name cuz I'm seriously on the fence on whether to stay or go. For some reason the going back to the WMA's doesn't seem all that bad to me! Am I being too picky?

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm

JBUG308 wrote:I too am in the market for a new club/lease. I am coming to a close on my first season in a club around the Palatka area. I really don't have any horror stories, but needless to say I am very disappointed. I did not see a deer one single time sitting on my stand this year. For that part, I did not see a deer while driving at any time. Decent camp, not a real big lease (2000 acres), just no deer movement (during daylight!). Lease was hunted hard a few years ago by a "brown its down" group. It has potential, but I'm not sure on how long it will take. Every now and than I'll see a pig track. That's too bad because this place has some killer hog habitat, especially if it gets a little wet. Very healthy population of turkeys. Some folks have some nice bucks on camera, but almost all are btwn 9:30pm and 4am. Other than some minor communication issues that need to be addressed, there are some good folks in this club. I'm not gonna mention the club name cuz I'm seriously on the fence on whether to stay or go. For some reason the going back to the WMA's doesn't seem all that bad to me! Am I being too picky?
I quit hunting Florida 20 years ago.. I would rather drive 6 hours to have the oppertunity to actually kill a deer and know the percenteges are way higher for killing a good buck.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:35 pm

CArlos that don't make sense. Most Foley leases I've ever been on are due in May after tax season.

JBUG308
Second Class Scout

Post by JBUG308 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Well, everyone has their own opinion of what a good buck is. We do have point restrictions, but it didn't do me any good. Call me a doom and gloomer, but I don't want to take a chance at a lease 4, 5 or 6 hours away and then gas go through the roof. It all adds up in the long run, not to mention the cost of an out of state license, place to stay, time actually spent hunting and not on the road to and from. Okay, I'm babbling. Like I said, maybe I'm being too picky.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Shoot the way Obama's wrecking the country were all gonna be eating deer,and I don't think the antlers fry up that well.lol

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

if I were truly hunting for food again (like I had to in college when not on the food plan), I'd be eating a lot of squirrel, armadillo,rabbit and whatever bird crossed my path, thrown in a wok with cabbage and whatever veggies were cheapest, brown rice and was never healthier. up in N.H. replace armadillo with grouse or woodcock.if truly in need instead of/or in addition to food stamps and welfare people should be given free hunting and fishing licenses good 365 days a year, good for at least the nuisance species. if they are hungry enough they will eat it and be glad to have it, I did.
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:30 pm

JBUG308 wrote:Well, everyone has their own opinion of what a good buck is. We do have point restrictions, but it didn't do me any good. Call me a doom and gloomer, but I don't want to take a chance at a lease 4, 5 or 6 hours away and then gas go through the roof. It all adds up in the long run, not to mention the cost of an out of state license, place to stay, time actually spent hunting and not on the road to and from. Okay, I'm babbling. Like I said, maybe I'm being too picky.
Yep,,, going out of state isn't for everyone... It's just those who don't want to sit around and cry about not seeing deer... If you want something bad enough you have to actually make the effort

Return to “** BEWARE ** Leases to STAY AWAY FROM!!”