Stay Away From.. Chiggers & Ticks Hunt Club!!

Don't get stuck in a lease thats ran poorly, Treats their members bad, Or is a FOR PROFIT MONEY MAKER lease! Check here first and check the BEWARE list!

Moderators: GoodOyster, Cr0ck1

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER
Hunt or Fish: Equally Both

Stay Away From.. Chiggers & Ticks Hunt Club!!

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 pm

OK ill go..

Chiggers & Ticks Hunt Club:

Heres my review of the place.

Pros:
-This place has a great area of property and slap loaded with game.

Cons:
-The President will take money from you and tell you its due in may then demand it in january. So if you dont pay 5 months early to cover his christmas spending you have to remove your stuff. I paid and only got 3 months before he was demanding more money and saying the season starts on january now. So i paid a full years dues for 3 months!!!
-The President will NOT LET you shoot hogs with a gun until the week after doe week so he can have it quiet for the week he has off to come hunt (Selfish)
-The president will come up with his HIGH PRICES customers during and shoot guns at hogs all day from your feeders and stands when the members cant use firearms on the property.
-The President will do Guided BIG MONEY hog hunts and use your stands and feeders.
-No gates in important access points
-Locals hunt in there for free all times of the day even shining at night.
-The Rules apply so SOME AND NOT ALL.
-Everyone is charged s different price for the lease.
-People hunt the roads and corn the roads. So when you come around on a four wheeler you have a gun pointed scoped at your face.
-One person will put a trap by your feeder to trap the hogs on the way to your feeder.
-Someone will Park by your stand on the road and cut off the hogs coming cross the road on the way to your feeder and shoot them.
-YOUR STUFF IF NOT SAFE THERE. They will steel your cams and feeders even if they are locked to a tree.
-The camp is 300 bucks a year and has NO WATER, NO ELECTRIC, a dump with garbage everywhere then they charge you 35 bucks a year for garbage removal. makes no sence.
-The president will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone. You can ask to hunt hogs with a gun all year round and he will say SURE! then you do and someone who he told cant complains and you get yelled at.
-You are told you can hunt hogs all year long (which is the MAIN thing i look for in a hunt club) then you are told that you cant after you pay!!
-The lease is closed down for 3 months of the year so the president can do his HIGH PRICED hog hunts and hunt all your stands and feeders.
-Theres one person who lives on site. HE is the main reason for all the trapping, and crying like a baby that makes the lease suck. He lives up there and does as he pleases. He gets mad when you pull up with a hog that you shot and his traps are dry. LOL.
-You can only kill 1 deer a year.
-People will be in camp and curse and drink while your kids and wifes are around. Then start fights while drunk with guns close by.
-People ride around in pickups and have lawn chairs in the back while they all hold shotguns with buckshott and shoot aimlessly at anything that moves day and night.

Basically this property is a place where the President (Lease holder) uses you to pay for his personal lease. He makes it impossible to hunt and very uncomfortable to even be on the property. Then when you decide to leave the lease, all your stuff is mysteriously missing (STOLEN).

Stay away from this hunt club. I personally would avoid camp and go right to my stand so i enjoyed myself But hated being there in an uncomfortable unstable atmosphere.

DaveT
Second Class Scout

Re: Beware - Leases to stay away from. !!!

Post by DaveT » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Cr0ck1 wrote:OK ill go..

Chiggers & Ticks Hunt Club:

Heres my review of the place.

Pros:
-This place has a great area of property and slap loaded with game.

Cons:
-The President will take money from you and tell you its due in may then demand it in january. So if you dont pay 5 months early to cover his christmas spending you have to remove your stuff. I paid and only got 3 months before he was demanding more money and saying the season starts on january now. So i paid a full years dues for 3 months!!!
-The President will NOT LET you shoot hogs with a gun until the week after doe week so he can have it quiet for the week he has off to come hunt (Selfish)
-The president will come up with his HIGH PRICES customers during and shoot guns at hogs all day from your feeders and stands when the members cant use firearms on the property.
-The President will do Guided BIG MONEY hog hunts and use your stands and feeders.
-No gates in important access points
-Locals hunt in there for free all times of the day even shining at night.
-The Rules apply so SOME AND NOT ALL.
-Everyone is charged s different price for the lease.
-People hunt the roads and corn the roads. So when you come around on a four wheeler you have a gun pointed scoped at your face.
-One person will put a trap by your feeder to trap the hogs on the way to your feeder.
-Someone will Park by your stand on the road and cut off the hogs coming cross the road on the way to your feeder and shoot them.
-YOUR STUFF IF NOT SAFE THERE. They will steel your cams and feeders even if they are locked to a tree.
-The camp is 300 bucks a year and has NO WATER, NO ELECTRIC, a dump with garbage everywhere then they charge you 35 bucks a year for garbage removal. makes no sence.
-The president will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone. You can ask to hunt hogs with a gun all year round and he will say SURE! then you do and someone who he told cant complains and you get yelled at.
-You are told you can hunt hogs all year long (which is the MAIN thing i look for in a hunt club) then you are told that you cant after you pay!!
-The lease is closed down for 3 months of the year so the president can do his HIGH PRICED hog hunts and hunt all your stands and feeders.
-Theres one person who lives on site. HE is the main reason for all the trapping, and crying like a baby that makes the lease suck. He lives up there and does as he pleases. He gets mad when you pull up with a hog that you shot and his traps are dry. LOL.
-You can only kill 1 deer a year.
-People will be in camp and curse and drink while your kids and wifes are around. Then start fights while drunk with guns close by.
-People ride around in pickups and have lawn chairs in the back while they all hold shotguns with buckshott and shoot aimlessly at anything that moves day and night.

Basically this property is a place where the President (Lease holder) uses you to pay for his personal lease. He makes it impossible to hunt and very uncomfortable to even be on the property. Then when you decide to leave the lease, all your stuff is mysteriously missing (STOLEN).

Atay away from this hunt club. I personally would avoid camp and go right to my stand so i enjoyed myself But hated being there in an uncomfortable unstable atmosphere.

So what's your point Carlos? Man...some people would complain if you hung em with a brand new rope!!! Sounds like a great place, where do I sign up?
Seriously, though, I'd have a real hard time puttin up with that crap....best to just get whatever you can and leave with a hard learned lesson. Sounds like a whole flock of Aholes.
http://WWW.TampaTaxidermy.com

Sometimes I wake up Grumpy.....but mostly I just let her sleep....

nachogrande
Wood Badger

Post by nachogrande » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:59 pm

don't sugar coat it like that, tell us how you realy feel,LOL. guess you won't be back there next year. BTW how many animals did you get off the place, & for how much?
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Papa_J wrote:"Some" of the Westevelt leases Bear Island was the worst lease I was ever part of. A year and a half , I never saw a buck bigger than a 3" spike, and killed one doe. Could not fill a doe tag
Oh, and the timber company could care less what time of year it is. Instead of waiting 2 weeks for gen gun to close, they will come in and start cutting everything in site and ruin your hunt, Dealing with just that now. They cruised the timber during the summer and assured us to our face it would not be cut till next winter or teh winter after and some of the timber company workers have sticky fingers for feeder poles, feeders, and game cams Been there, done that too.
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 pm

well im on a fresh piece of foley property now.. never hunted.. so a little work and it will be a good season!

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Damn yo,last time you said the guy was gonna put you in charge.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:27 pm

yep.. i was all for it until i saw the crap going on there man.

Skunk Ape
Vigil

Post by Skunk Ape » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:34 pm

I think the ones to beware of are the FOR PROFIT leases. Where one guy runs everything with no board members. I'm looking for a new one too,maybe.

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

This is soo true jeff.

Iluv2hunt
Third Beader

Post by Iluv2hunt » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I'm looking too, but considering going to GA and getting my own lease. If I can find a good GA lease, then I would keep mine just for hogs in the off season. I know I can get it for a discount price just to hunt hogs after season closes
I don't hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. ~Colonel Tom Kelly

GoodOyster
Ain't as Good as I Once Was , But I'm As Good Once As I Ever Was!

Post by GoodOyster » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Guess I can just second what Carlos said! I wasted a good chunk and never really even got to hunt the place. Won't make that mistake again. Could have paid for a couple of "meat hunts" down around Okeechobee and at least had something in the freezer.

I'd really like to find someplace where a few of us on here could form our own club, set our own rules, etc.
"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!"
~Thomas Jefferson

ImageImageImage

Just 1 More
Assistant Patrol Leader

Post by Just 1 More » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 pm

All the more reasons why I started leasing land myself 10 years ago and putting together like minded hunters in small groups.. never want to have more than 10 people to deal with and the less the better,, but, Still got to keep it affordable.
The way I look at it 8 -10 people should be able to communicate, respect each other and share the experience.. if not... i don't need you on my lease ... i'll fold a lease before I deal with a bunch of attitudes and aholes

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 pm

I've been lookin for a lease in the Orlando area (or within 2 hours) for the past 10+ years since they turned our lease in Holapaw into the town of Harmony. The problem I've run into is that some clubs think $4500-5500 a year is reasonable for the slight chance to take 2 doe and three 8pt or better bucks with a 16" or better spread AND the bases have to be a minimum diameter, and you can only hunt turkey's in the spring.
I've been in a few clubs in the panhandle, and I have to say, that the last one is the only one that seems worthwhile. BUT, it costs $225 in gas alone for each trip. I don't know how you guys find all the good ones. I've paid the annual fees for several of the different sights, and I usually end up finding duds (this last lease excluded).

Cr0ck1
ADMIN HOG STALKER

Post by Cr0ck1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:12 pm

man i wasted a whole year of dues for a lease that was only 3 months long.. i got ripped off big tyme.. now me and a bunch of guys for a new property from foley. were just getting it started.. so hopefully it works out! if not im starting my own lease next 2012.

Papa_J
Junior Assistant Scout Master

Post by Papa_J » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Well, if you hear of any decent ones w/in an hour of Orlando/Sanford, please let me know. I need to find a place for my father in law and me.

Return to “** BEWARE ** Leases to STAY AWAY FROM!!”